GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are your most cherished locations to see the Autumnal colours from your GL? When do you think the best 2019 dates would be for said sites?

Personally, I am going to be in the Dover, Delaware area around October 8th (or so) and would like to maximize my bucket-list check-off time this year. I'll be getting as far south as Atlanta for this trip. :grin2:

·
Registered
362 Posts
The Black Hills. Right Now! I will be out there in just a few days for a week. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
We have had so much dry weather here in metro Atlanta, I doubt we will have much color this year. Currently, if we get a 10% chance of rain, everyone starts hoping.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here's a little tip for all you leaf peppers: Use brown lens sunglasses. It makes the red, yellow, and orange leaves pop!

BTW, The area I live in, northeastern Texas, puts on a pretty good show the latter part of October in to November. here's a picture I took a couple years ago at Lake Hawkins.

Attachments

Reactions: cycledude

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Anyplace that has hardwoods and it gets cold been to blue ridge vermont ohio colorado va all beautiful when you get them " peaking" enjoy !

Attachments

·
Registered
930 Posts
Here's some pictures of the colors in various parts of Missouri taken on some of our group rides over the years. The first picture is of my wife's Yamaha parked at our local Big Spring Park. But typically, you would have to wait until about the 3rd week in October for peak colors in our southern half of Missouri.

SANY1193.jpg

156424_10151180996846827_1802343800_n.jpg

550932_10151180997381827_1307084631_n.jpg

MO Fall Color ride 2012 026.jpg

fall 2011 010.jpg

·
Registered
265 Posts
I will be in Gatlinburg mid October hope to see peak colors in the Smokies.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I will be in Gatlinburg mid October hope to see peak colors in the Smokies.
A bunch of us flat lander Florida Prowlers are heading up to Bryson City, NC (The Smoky's) mid October for the colors, cooler weather riding, and some curves for the bikes to experience.

Maybe you can swing up to the Smoky's about that time and break bread plus ride some curves...

·
Registered
265 Posts
A bunch of us flat lander Florida Prowlers are heading up to Bryson City, NC (The Smoky's) mid October for the colors, cooler weather riding, and some curves for the bikes to experience.

Maybe you can swing up to the Smoky's about that time and break bread plus ride some curves...
I have been in touch with Larry and Kevin and we will try to meet up. I will be there Oct. 12-18 looking forward to the ride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Favourite Fall Colour Locations

If you are in the Dover Del area, the Pocono Mountains in PA is about a 2 hr drive and should be in full bloom around that time. if you take the back roads up thru Lancaster PA and the Amish country you should have a nice scenic ride. if you want to get there fast take the N E Extension on the PA turnpike. either way have fun and enjoy the ride and the scenery. Forgot to add if you are headed south take I 81 south into VA Rt 66 and jump on Skyline Drive you can ride the thru mountains and take the Tail of the Dragon in Tenn

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's some pictures of the colors in various parts of Missouri taken on some of our group rides over the years. The first picture is of my wife's Yamaha parked at our local Big Spring Park. But typically, you would have to wait until about the 3rd week in October for peak colors in our southern half of Missouri.
Beautiful, beautiful pictures...and...I wish my wife rode a 'Max !!!:frown2:

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
Here's a little tip for all you leaf peppers: Use brown lens sunglasses. It makes the red, yellow, and orange leaves pop!

Interesting suggestion: Thank you!
I will order a pair of "brown lens" sunglasses from my favorite internet store...this week.............. :wink2::grin2:

Thanks again!

Ronnie

·
Registered
21,025 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
The BRP would have to be pretty far north, but Skyline Drive might be OK.

The wife and I ride to the Smoky Mountains every year for color (we get none here in FL - either green or brown) and the week before Halloween is usually best near the NP. That could change if we get a good cold spell, but it has been in the high 80s/low 90s to date.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts