GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alton Brown is having his feast tonight on the Food Network again.
Must be all in a row.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good eats

I too enjoyed the show and it even inspired me to make a trip from VA to KY taking the Appalachian path. Along the way I stopped at some of the scariest places to eat, but found some of the most interesting people and pretty good food also. It re-affirmed my love of the open road and the flawless operation of the Goldwing.

Bon appetit

Joe

·
Registered
872 Posts
I thought the idea of the show was great, but that Alton Brown is a real pain to watch and listen to. He has the camera right in his face just way too much, and sometimes he never shuts up.
In my opinion, he's ruining what could be a good show.

My S.O. says he does another cooking show and he is much more laid back in it. She's surprised at him in Feasting.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
If I recall the reson the show was short lived is because Alton crashed and broke his shoulder (or collarbone)...they mad a few more episodes but then that was it.

He is now busy with his original show Good Eats and as the "mc" for Iron Chef American. Guess no time to go scooting around!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Good eats

Buffalo Soldier said:
I too enjoyed the show and it even inspired me to make a trip from VA to KY taking the Appalachian path. Along the way I stopped at some of the scariest places to eat
Same thing happened to me when it aired late last summer. Took off, never used an interstate and never had a meal in one of the franchise restaurants. Made me want to do it again when I saw the repeats this weekend!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts