GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pismo Beach, Monarch Butterfly ride.

Thousands of butterflies winter in Pismo Beach. About the day of the ride, they fly away. Thousands of butterflies are flying around a couple acre park. It is pretty cool.

http://www.monarchbutterfly.org/

We will be leaving 8082 Walker ave. La Palma Ca. 7:30am and/meeting at Flying J at the 5 fwy and Frazier park at 9am. Then heading west to 166 highway to Pismo Beach.
Pack a lunch or get a Jersey Mike's sandwich in Pismo Beach. We will then eat lunch in the Monarch Butterfly park and watch the butterflies. Then head back via 101 and PCH. Round trip is 422 miles.

Love to have as many of you go as can.

Somebody from No. Cal and or Central Cal, should lead a ride south to same location and time.....

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I've been to this a couple of times when I lived in Fresno CA and when the butterfly count is up it's truly a spectacular sight. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Count me in, along with my gf! (1 bike)

·
Registered
112 Posts
If the weather's good, count me and the wife in. 2 bikes...

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can count me and the wife in also, one bike. Looking forward to this ride. The wife has no idea of why a ride to Pismo Beach in February :wink2:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Sorry, gotta Cancel for myself and partner... My bike is in pieces, while I've been waiting 2-weeks so far for an O-ring from honda, to fix fuel leak.

If the ride is postponed due to rain, then we'll be looking for a rain check... albeit perhaps to a different local, as the butterflies probably won't stick around

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not sure the butterflies like getting wet, so we’re going to have to cancel our plans to join you.

Hopefully next time...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts