GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the day at 32 degrees and briefly touched 60.
Sunny, light wind.
Wonderful mid-winter Missouri Sunday. :kiss:
Off into the middle of nowhere we went.... out Old Route 66 to Cuba, Missouri.

Found the old Wagon Wheel Motel. Still famous, after all these years.
It appears that someone has taken the time and effort to either renovate it - or has really been keeping it up.
Here's a pic of just one unit. There are many - and some singles. They SAY it's really nice.

Then, lunch at the best BBQ place in the state !

Oh yeah - almost forgot...........
NEVER get the LARGE BBQ plate. Save some room for dessert. I usually get the baked apple dumpling with vanilla ice cream and fresh cinnamon - but this time I got the warm blackberry cobbler with ice cream. Ahhhhhhhh !!!

>:)>:)>:)

That's all the pics.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

:smile2::smile2::smile2:
Made it home by dark.

Time for a nap.

:grin2:

·
Administrator
31,978 Posts
I spent a nite many years ago at the Wagon Wheel . I remember it was like $50 for nites stay . Which was highly reasonable for that time . The room was amazing coziness. I have since always wanted to take my wife there . But sadly never have . Thanks for the pix . Oh and I love blueberries ALOT

Reactions: Justa_Poser

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spent a nite many years ago at the Wagon Wheel . I remember it was like $50 for nites stay . Which was highly reasonable for that time . The room was amazing coziness. I have since always wanted to take my wife there . But sadly never have . Thanks for the pix . Oh and I love blueberries ALOT
They were known for good, clean rooms. In the mean time, someone came in and refurbished everything.
Rates are still reasonable, but not cheap.

http://www.wagonwheel66cuba.com/

That was BLACKBERRY cobbler.

Just sayin'

·
Administrator
31,978 Posts
I stayed in what they now are calling the small single room . It's only $60 and $66 for the next size up . $100 a note is really about going rate across the country from what I am seeing lately . I do not think it's over high for that area.
I still wanna take the wife . Maybe by end of this summer . Gotta see how new job , and daughter getting married goes .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Holiday Inn, Key Largo (which really isn't into to the high priced Keys) with all the fees 1 night, standard room, 2 beds $392.63. Think I'd rather stay at the Wagon Wheel and eat BBQ & Blackberry cobblers!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Kevin Kevin Kevin...you are a bad, bad, bad man, aintchya!

Talking about the BEST BBQ in Missouri, well, you got my attention right away! Looks like this Friday will be in the 60's after a somewhat cool start, so here's thinking about making a ride...

http://missourihick.com/

Now then, where's my bib?!

- David

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holiday Inn, Key Largo (which really isn't into to the high priced Keys) with all the fees 1 night, standard room, 2 beds $392.63. Think I'd rather stay at the Wagon Wheel and eat BBQ & Blackberry cobblers!
Wow.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kevin Kevin Kevin...you are a bad, bad, bad man, aintchya!

Talking about the BEST BBQ in Missouri, well, you got my attention right away! Looks like this Friday will be in the 60's after a somewhat cool start, so here's thinking about making a ride...

http://missourihick.com/

Now then, where's my bib?!

- David

THINKING about making a ride ?????

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
THINKING about making a ride ?????
Yessir, thinking about a ride.

Hanging up my six shooter and star on March 25 after 3+ decades of servitude. I'm just starting to do some lipstick repairs to our home prior to putting it on the market, then relocating to Arizona. My sweetheart's staying warm in Arizona (can't take the winter cold) and has already found us a new home, so my free time is quite...limited...at the moment.

Yeah, thinking about a ride...

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Yessir, thinking about a ride.

Hanging up my six shooter and star on March 25 after 3+ decades of servitude. I'm just starting to do some lipstick repairs to our home prior to putting it on the market, then relocating to Arizona. My sweetheart's staying warm in Arizona (can't take the winter cold) and has already found us a new home, so my free time is quite...limited...at the moment.

Yeah, thinking about a ride...
Thank you for your work. I've got 3 years to go then I'm posting ride pictures here like crazy, hopefully...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts