GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 8K I put on a new steering bearing which took care of the wobble and at 18K I had a Khumo RF put on. I noticed a difference it the ride, a lot smoother and more stability at slow speeds. I just upgraded the forks to Traxxion springs and had a new traxxion shock put on to replace the OEM. Today I installed the Kury II fork brace and then went for a ride. Part of my ride was slow manuevers in a local school parking lot. I would probably be stunned if I could ride it prior to all the changes. The ride is so stable I feel like I have four tires under me. I now have 28K miles on the bike and my Khumo looks like new - at 10K miles my MC Bridgestone was plain worn out. Wifey notices he major difference as well. Very happy with all the performance changes.

·
Registered
541 Posts
At 8K I put on a new steering bearing which took care of the wobble and at 18K I had a Khumo RF put on. I noticed a difference it the ride, a lot smoother and more stability at slow speeds. I just upgraded the forks to Traxxion springs and had a new traxxion shock put on to replace the OEM. Today I installed the Kury II fork brace and then went for a ride. Part of my ride was slow manuevers in a local school parking lot. I would probably be stunned if I could ride it prior to all the changes. The ride is so stable I feel like I have four tires under me. I now have 28K miles on the bike and my Khumo looks like new - at 10K miles my MC Bridgestone was plain worn out. Wifey notices he major difference as well. Very happy with all the performance changes.
Now that's the way you do it! Nothing but the best!

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Way to go, Ed. Wait till you let the Big Girl run up in the mountains. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
:congrats:Jammer! Enjoy the ride!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats:on your mods Jammer!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts