GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if I can adjust the feet heater control cable so they will close it all of the way?
When I have the lever all the way in the closed position, the flaps are still open about 3/8". Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine started doing that after I had it apart and then back together again. I am going to have to re-adjust the cables. If I remember it is not too bad. When you remove the lower cowl you will see the two cables at the bottom and they are routed in the center of the bike. One is longer than the other so keep that in mind when re-installing them if you have to.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the help on this,. I made the adjustments on the cables this morning and it was a easy and they work perferct now.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can someone tell me if I can adjust the feet heater control cable so they will close it all of the way?
When I have the lever all the way in the closed position, the flaps are still open about 3/8". Thanks
Since I am totally un-qualified to answer a Goldwing question, I'll try this;

Duct Tape (This message is brought to you by the American Duct Tape Council)

Lewis

·
Registered
199 Posts
Heat Flaps

If your flaps are not closing all the way, make sure to check where the cable is held at the top just under the open/close lever. The cable can pop out of place and it will look like you need to make an adjustment, where in reality, it just needs snapped back in place.

You can check this easily by removing the left pocket. Much easier than removing the lower front cowling to adjust the barrel adjusters on the cables.

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts