GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes the better seat???for a gl1800 ,,, judgeing by the posts these seem to be the top 2 seats out there please cast your vote or tell me of a better place for a custom seat!!!!thanks superjett

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Personally, I'd say the top two companies are RDL and Diamond/Hartco but a seat is too personal to say one company is the best. I have the RDL and like it better than the others I've tried. There are very few complaints made about RDL and I've seen several complaints about Ultimate. But you don't know until you try them out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a day-long on my 1500 wing, I loved it the wife didn't, have a ultimate on our 1800. The better seat between the two imho is the day-long.

·
Registered
21,093 Posts
kinda liked the looks of the Ultimates at wings over the smokies but when i sat on them i thought for me the stock seat was more comfortable

never tried RDL

goodluck

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
For me, I decided on the Diamond Big Boy and have not regretted it. Outstanding seat. Very comfortable. Expensive but worth the investment.

I've never tried the RDL or Ultimate.

Bartman

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Have a Russell and love it. Stock seat broke down after about 50K miles, so got a Diamond. Was OK for me, but not for Carol. Got the Russell, and like it well enough to get another stock seat to put back on the wing when it leaves, cause the Russell is going on the next wing.

Had a 1500 the stock seat broke down in, got a Travelcade. Most uncomfortable seat I ever sat on. Made 100 miles feel like a marathon. Just got a new stocker, and it worked just fine.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
if you're over 6'2, I wouldn't get the ultimate. Their big boy seat is too narrow, and the mid-rider is a bit short.. i've tried both.. use a gel pad on a mid-rider now..

It IS a well made, quality seat.. The geometry just didn't grow on me like I wanted...

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
I like the stock but the Ultimate looks to be a high quality seat. I HATE the velour type covers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
seat

THIS IS JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH,,BUT IF I WERE YOU I WOULD CALL MARK WITH HARTCO/DIAMOND SEATS IN FLA....IVE HAD TWO,,,THE SECOND BEING ON MY 05 CBC1800,,AND I PROMISE,,,YOU'LL NEVER RIDE ON ANYTHING ELSE...HAD THE FIRST ON MY 99 1500.
GOOD LUCK AND SAFE RIDING,,,
JIM REECE
JACKSON, TN.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts