GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I posted a thread about having a DS Tire available for anyone who wanted to try one. Well, have had a couple take me up on the offer, and have been asked and have also seen some folks here on the forum asking where they can get a Tire mounted.

So I thought I'd start a thread where us Riders who do tire changes can help other Riders out by offering our services. Can't speak for Other Riders, but my cost is a handshake and an offer of friendship. Shoot - I even have cool beverages in the workshop fridge.

So I'm starting the thread with I do my own Tire changes, and am willing to do for others. I'm located in Crossville Tennessee. I use dynabeads for balancing in case you were wondering.

Y'all have a great and safe travels.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Anyone is N. Ga. that wants to try it, I'll put my second rim and tire on your bike for the day or two. Although I think a day will be enough for you to see the light.

Send me your name and contact info in a private message and we'll see if we can "get er done".

Guess I'll put your original tire and wheel back on for you too. ;)

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upmteen thousand Darksiders, and there's only three people who are interested in helping out?? :shrug:

I would hope there are others.

·
Administrator
31,977 Posts
Yep I got Wi covered . :thumbup:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,590 Posts
Anyone is N. Ga. that wants to try it, I'll put my second rim and tire on your bike for the day or two. Although I think a day will be enough for you to see the light.

Send me your name and contact info in a private message and we'll see if we can "get er done".

Guess I'll put your original tire and wheel back on for you too. ;)
Will do the same here in Arkansas.

However, at the moment I don't have an extra tire. My extra is on the bike so I can save the good one for my trip in September. When I get back, whats left on the trip tire will be available for someone to try out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
If I had a tire changer I would change tires.

I use a tire place about 15 miles from my house who will mount a CT on your motorcycle rim for $10.00 so if you don't mind paying the $10.00 mounting fee, I will help you take your rear tire off and take it to this tire place. You would have to take your old tire with you or pay them $3.00 (I think) for them to discard it. My cost = free with a few cold ones and friendship.

I will also help you install brake pads. You bring the pads and help a little...My cost =A hand shake a few cold ones and friendship.

I live in Huntsville, Al if anyone wants my help.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,826 Posts
I can't really help with mounting the tire. I have a friend that mounts mine for me. But our local Honda shop in Rarden Ohio will do it. I think they charge about $20 if you carry the rim and tire in.

I have offered on the Ohio board to anyone to try one of my old CT on spare rim for a few days if they would like. Offer is still open. As I live close to KY the offer is good to anyone close enough to drop by or arrange a RTE somewhere. Heck WV isn't that far either.

·
Registered
338 Posts
For the texas group, I have a connie RF mounted and you are welcome to try it out, takes 15 minutes to swap the tire and rim, btw second rim is without a tpms.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I dont have the equipment. Matter fact, I am looking right now for someone local to help with a tire mount and balance. Had a shop mount and think I have a bad tire, returned to the shop to see if they could check for warped wheel or broken belt.....doors closed....out of business. Went to another shop that I was told would mount.....same thing!! Dropped by a couple tire places and no one will touch it, even went to a preferred installer for where I purchased tires and they say they dont have equipment for my type rim. Getting harder and harder to find a place!! Going to try a couple more places tomorrow. Beginning to feel like a door to door vacuum sales man!! LOL

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Northern IN here, have a couple rims without TPMS sensors and a new NRF Falken on one. I am running a Michelin Alpin RF currently on my bike with low mileage on it and zero mtn miles. I like to keep the RF on in case the Wife wants to go for a ride. But I will loan either tire if someone wants to try it and in fact just made this offer to a local rider who I found on this site. I have a bead breaker and tire spoons and slippery stuff to change tires and would help you if you brought me your tires and rims, even if they're the dangerous oem tires. I can't guarantee there will be not scratches on your rims so be warned. I don't have balancing capabilities so you're on your own there. I've run at least four car tires on the rear with no balancing whatsoever. I now use Centramatics.

Cell Number 574-538-8562 It would be best to text me at that number because I don't answer often numbers I don't recognize.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I can't really help with mounting the tire. I have a friend that mounts mine for me. But our local Honda shop in Rarden Ohio will do it. I think they charge about $20 if you carry the rim and tire in.

I have offered on the Ohio board to anyone to try one of my old CT on spare rim for a few years if they would like. Offer is still open. As I live close to KY the offer is good to anyone close enough to drop by or arrange a RTE somewhere. Heck WV isn't that far either... nor is Michigan
Hey boomer, can i borrow your spare for a while? The adjuster says I can keep my tars and powder-coated wheels as long as I have something on the bike.

How long did you say someone could borrow your spare?

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
The tire store I have used for many yrs , went belly up at first of the year. When I wear out this Michelin Alpin , I'll be looking for a tire mount - dismount

·
IronMan
17,136 Posts
I don't change tires but have 3 on rims if anyone wants to try. Can help put on bike. East coast central Florida

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Upmteen thousand Darksiders, and there's only three people who are interested in helping out?? :shrug:

I would hope there are others.
I can mount them for Folks, no charge. Like Larry, bring your own beads and take your tires with ya.

The liability of damaging someone's rim or TPMS sensors is preventing more people from helping.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Anybody in Greenville SC area? Would love to try a CT.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I made a road trip down to visit ssncob today, took him up on his offer. Learned a bit about mounting and balancing tires, watched him do his magic and then we went to lunch and bead shopping. Great guy and thanks for posting up this thread.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have spare Yoko's mounted and am willing to let someone try one. I am in the north-central part of Alabama.

Ride Safe,
Jeff

1 - 20 of 111 Posts