GL1800Riders Forums banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've decided to go DS, and since none of the responses on this thread list any options for N. Utah, I figured I'd add what I found today. I did some hunting and found a place called Layton Cycle at 60 N. Main, in Layton, UT. Of course, they charge a fee for their services (~$50), but all the pro shops do. Now I need to find someone with the TPMS reset tool nearby!

https://www.laytoncycle.com/

Reactions: obwan

·
Registered
321 Posts
New to Cali (Ventura County) and need to get my CT changed soon. Have not found anyone in the region yet. Now I need help finding a place to take it locally ...

Does anyone know of others in the greater LA area that are willing to change it ?

Any help would be appreciated.
Hi. Did you find someone in Los Angeles area?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'm in Savannah, GA and I have a tire machine. Holler if you need anything wing related.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Central California

I still have about 1000 miles left on my current tire, so I haven't tried these guys out yet:

In San Jose, at the corner of Meridian Ave. and Parkmoor Ave, there is a Cycle Gear (don't go there) There is an independent shop behind the Cycle Gear. They will remove your motorcycle tire. You can take the wheel and new tire to Big O Tires next door and have the new tire mounted. The independent shop will balance the tire and reinstall it for you.

Bob

·
Registered
82 Posts
I still have about 1000 miles left on my current tire, so I haven't tried these guys out yet:

In San Jose, at the corner of Meridian Ave. and Parkmoor Ave, there is a Cycle Gear (don't go there) There is an independent shop behind the Cycle Gear. They will remove your motorcycle tire. You can take the wheel and new tire to Big O Tires next door and have the new tire mounted. The independent shop will balance the tire and reinstall it for you.

Bob

Anyone near Waynesboro, Va in the Shenandoah Valley ? Planning a 6,500 mile trip in May on my 2018 standard Wing, and would like to go DarkSide. thanks. Bob

·
Registered
151 Posts
Found this on the RideApart site.

A while back I posted a thread about having a DS Tire available for anyone who wanted to try one. Well, have had a couple take me up on the offer, and have been asked and have also seen some folks here on the forum asking where they can get a Tire mounted.

So I thought I'd start a thread where us Riders who do tire changes can help other Riders out by offering our services. Can't speak for Other Riders, but my cost is a handshake and an offer of friendship. Shoot - I even have cool beverages in the workshop fridge.

So I'm starting the thread with I do my own Tire changes, and am willing to do for others. I'm located in Crossville Tennessee. I use dynabeads for balancing in case you were wondering.

Y'all have a great and safe travels.

I'm not a Darksider, yet, but thought I would repost this article for those who may not have seen it. The author even takes a swipe at the Runflat tires.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/313567/your-motorcycle-should-not-have-a-darkside/

NCBirdMan

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I'm not a Darksider, yet, but thought I would repost this article for those who may not have seen it. The author even takes a swipe at the Runflat tires.

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/313567/your-motorcycle-should-not-have-a-darkside/

NCBirdMan
By the time I got to the 4th paragraph, I knew which way this was going. She had the wrong tire, and based her "article" on misinformation. Too bad I can't post a comment to Kate Murphy's article and let her know about mounting a run-flat tire is way safer than any other tire offered up as a "safe" motorcycle tire. Too bad there are people that call themselves "authoritative figures" are given space in a published venue and allowed to post misinformed diatribe.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I searched this forum and didn't find any NorCal information. Anyone out there know of someone in the Fairfield, Vacaville that will mount up a CT?
I know this is an old forum, but thought I would give it a try.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Could someone give me clarification on my 2008 goldwing I just got that drive guard 195 55 16 did I get the correct size for my 2008 goldwing I tryied to push it in with our the rim.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Could someone give me clarification on my 2008 goldwing I just got that drive guard 195 55 16 did I get the correct size for my 2008 goldwing I tryied to push it in with our the rim.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
You have the right size tire, I use a friend's tire machine to mount it. use lots of lube.

Reactions: Way2Cool

·
Registered
342 Posts
The tire store I have used for many yrs , went belly up at first of the year. When I wear out this Michelin Alpin , I'll be looking for a tire mount - dismount
I’m in AZ and looking as well, did you find a shop to mount your CT ?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I’m in AZ and looking as well, did you find a shop to mount your CT ?
I took the tire/wheel off the bike and went to DISCOUNT TIRE on Bell Rd. and the LOOP 303 in Surprise, AZ. I also bought the tire from them and they mounted it no problems or questions. I had to order the tire, and it was available the next day to install it. Their price was only like $10 more than Tire Rack. They installed my balance beads too, and the service writer there said that he personally uses balance beads in his JEEP. Only question he asked me is "what bike is this off of?" so he was fully aware that it was for a motorcycle. Not sure if that DISCOUNT TIRE up your way on Carefree Hwy would be as accommodating, but worth a try.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts