GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't hear a lot about long distance female riders but I think it significant to note that two (2) are expected to hit the 1 million mile mark in the next month or two and are trying to reach the goal in a dead heat. One is in MT at the moment and the other in Utah. Both are Texas residents and both ride BMWs. Congratulations Ardys and Voni! You are the best!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Haven't met either (although I did honk at Voni earlier this year as I was riding North out of Big Bend to Ft. Davis and she was leaving her mailbox.....can't miss that red outfit!), but I would love to. They are both legends in the BMW community.

·
Registered
33 Posts
female miles?

I've got 83K logged in. Just bought a Goldwing last September, shouldn't take too much longer to hit the 100K mark. :cool:

·
Registered
257 Posts
From my area

Voni is a wonderful down to earth lady.
She was a school teacher in Kansas before she retired and moved to the Texas hill country.
I can still envision her in her red leathers on her red Beamer.

Go Voni Go!

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Voni is a wonderful down to earth lady.
She was a school teacher in Kansas before she retired and moved to the Texas hill country.
I can still envision her in her red leathers on her red Beamer.

Go Voni Go!
I agree with respect to Voni and the same can be said of Ardys.

Voni and Paul live a bit west of the "Hill Country" in the Big Bend area.

·
Registered
643 Posts
We are happy for both the gals!!

I sent the link to a friend of mine that happens to be a personal friend of Voni and Paul (her husband) back in Kansas. Below is his comments;

"Thanks for the link. Voni is really special, but then so is her husband Paul. He stays busy just keeping her tires changed".

·
Registered
686 Posts
I feel like a piker at 115,000 miles since Jan '08.

Work is really cramping my style -- re: riding time!

Hopefully not too much of a thread-jack (it is semi-related)...

Last week, Iron Butt Association cashed the check for my BunBurner GOLD/SaddleSore 2000 certification package! Means that the ride received, at least preliminary, approval!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts