GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than the ABS emblem on the left and right side fender covers, is there any difference between the ABS model and non-ABS model chrome side fender covers? I know the part numbers are different?

For instance, the right side non-ABS part # is 61102-MCA-000 and the same part for the ABS is # 61110-MCA-A80. The Russellville dealership ordered these for me and are shipping them out today. I've just found out they ordered the non-ABS and I really don't want a hassle over this.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
The only difference should be the ABS emblem.They can be ordered separately

Only the Air bag models have a totally different cover due to the different brake caliper mount and fork sensors locations on the fork slider..

·
Registered
73 Posts
They might have two different style openings, (vents?), by the calipers.

I have ABS and needed one a couple years ago. At that time, there were two on line listed for ABS. I went to my dealer, and he showed the same thing. He made a guess and ordered one. It had a different vent by the brake caliper than mine, so he ordered the other one, and it was fine. Both had the ABS emblems on them.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Rocky. I didn't think about the airbag. The ABS # I listed was for a '10, not sure if it was airbag. Regardless, the non-ABS probably will not fit the airbag model.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called back and spoke with the parts mgr this time and he agreed the parts that were ordered would not fit. He agreed to send them back to Honda and exchange them for the correct ones. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts