GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
17,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, I replaced the back part of a front fender, and the customer had stated "this will be the 4th time its been replace. The last time I had the rubber part of the extension cut off, and it's happened again."

Since I see so much of this, primarily on trikes, I felt the need to share what I know. First off, in the 2 wheeled world, there's one lesson most 2 wheeled GL1800 riders quickly learn ... that GL1800s like pavement, or they fall over !!! However, since trikes don't fall over, trike riders seem to forget that rule, and I often see them leave the pavement to complete u-turns and such. Here is what probably happens, and how to correctly assess the damage for a proper repair. Most DIYs can easily replace these parts.

Attachments

·
Vendor
17,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More parts to check

This rotor cover has no cracks, but I've seen damage in the read area, so don't forget to check for them.

Attachments

·
Vendor
17,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here are the rearward ones. Often I find cracks around these mount holes.

Attachments

Reactions: Kiwi

·
Vendor
17,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In my world ... I've seen 1 fender broken that had an OEM Hondaline extension as shown in the 3rd picture in the first post. However, just last week, I replace 2 fenders that had longer extensions on them. When a fender extension is added, finding one broken, is so common, that I wish I could afford to stock all fenders in all colors.

Cheers and out for now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts