GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have used them and had a fender break, where did the fender break at? Did it snap the tabs for the fork covers, break the fender itself, or break where the fender attaches to the forks?

·
Registered
262 Posts
With so many of these extensions, causing fender breakage, on this Forum and other Forums, I don't understand why anyone still wants to put them on. Bike looks great without them, anyway. JMO

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not asking about installing one, I'm asking of those who have had them, where did the fender break.

·
Vendor
17,815 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Greg That's exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
For those of you that have used them and had a fender break, where did the fender break at? Did it snap the tabs for the fork covers, break the fender itself, or break where the fender attaches to the forks?
All of the above

·
Registered
927 Posts
Fender tabs at the forks break 1st then the caliper cover splits...causing an expensive replacement. I also added the braces when they became available. I had glued both the extension and braces to the fender....so there were no holes drilled or over torqued bolts, in my case. For what it’s worth....mine was a Bushtec. B.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I have seen a few broken just as Greg described. So there is your answer.:thumbup:
However there are several out here around me who installed these flexible reinforced rubber extenders that I made up and attached with GOOP adhesive. No drilling or braces. As much as 14 years and over 100,000 miles on a couple of these. No issues.
Material purchased from McMaster Carr.
Works great unless one must have chrome!

Corventure Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have used them on several bikes with no problem, but my 17 broke about everywhere it was attached.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts