GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does John at Buchtec still sell the front fender extention. I can't seem to find it. Please help

Dennis

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Bushtec no longer handles the front fender extension, to the best of my knowledge.

Tulsa had a bunch of them for sale awhile ago.

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
On the subject of front fender extentions. I have read somewhere of a concern for the fender extention cause a break or crack in the fender. Is that another rumor or is it a valid situation or concern?

I love the way the color matched extentions look.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have had the color matched one from Road Trip Essentials (in the best color: Yellow!) for almost 10,000 miles. Still looks great and no sign of cracking. Great products, great people to work with.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
RTE Here as well. Looks great, (actually looks stock) and no problems despite the nay sayers that talk about FFEs causing cracks.

BAT

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Well, not to pour oil on the fire here, but extensions MAY cause fender cracks. I had two different kinds of extensions on Rio. The first one cracked the fender. I put the second one on with the braces that Preston provided free (thank you, John) and when I sold him, the fender had not cracked. I think it is a matter of a combination of a number of factors - length of the extension, whether you hit something on the road (trash), and perhaps something about the design of the fender itself.

Rather than poo-poo what others are saying, just be warned that there is a possibility that your front fender may crack with an extension. You take the risk and you may have no problems whatsoever, or you may wind up replacing your fender.

Mesquite Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts