GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Show Chrome fender extension. I'm wondering if it will interfere with the Condor wheel chock. I figure I can trim it if it does.

Anyone have this setup that can enlighten me?

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
I didna even think o' dat. ???

prs

·
Registered
224 Posts
Beware a fender extension. I suffered a broken rear half of the front fender. First it just broke the tabs on the fender and I reinforced stronger than before. That resulted in serious cracks totally ruining the rear half of fender and put a crack in one of the caliper covers. I feel certain all was caused by the extender. It even shows wear on the inside. New fender ready to go on and you can be sure it will not have the Fenda Extenda mounted on it as before.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wouldn't have one?
Broke all the mounts on my front fender 6 months after it was fitted
Never again

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Beware a fender extension. I suffered a broken rear half of the front fender. First it just broke the tabs on the fender and I reinforced stronger than before. That resulted in serious cracks totally ruining the rear half of fender and put a crack in one of the caliper covers. I feel certain all was caused by the extender. It even shows wear on the inside. New fender ready to go on and you can be sure it will not have the Fenda Extenda mounted on it as before.

What year bike did you have it on?
The older wings fenders were made of ABS, the 2018+ wings are made of a different kind of plastic, they are more robust.
I love my fender extension. Keeps all the crap off the motor.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen a lot of the posts on broken fenders. They all seem to be pre 2018 which uses a different kind of plastic.

I don't like the look of them at all, but don't like what's happening to the the area behind the front tire either. Lose win lose win.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Has anyone with a 2018+ had problems with the fender cracking yet? I haven’t seen any posts on it.

I’m guessing that the fender would work with a condor chock. It seems like if it didn’t someone would have already broken one at a dealer or loading in a trailer and posted about it. Also, it would probably be a pretty big manufacturer oversight if it didn’t fit as so many people have the condor chocks.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
you will snap your front fender right off the bike, no doubt, you can ask my friend whodunnit twice!!
beware of the Condor Boogy Man!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
.....I ordered a Show Chrome fender extension. I'm wondering if it will interfere with the Condor wheel chock. I figure I can trim it if it does.....
Here are a few pics of the older Wing in the Condor chock (not my bike).
Looks like it will be very close.
Should be very easy to trim.

Perhaps you could just tape the extension to your fender temporarily, then roll the bike into the Condor while a friend watches and checks for clearance, or set your smartphone to video mode and record it.
Jefro.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will certainly load the bike in the Condor then hold the extension up to it to see where it stands. Mine is set up with the short end of the cradle to the rear and holds the bike great.

The orange bike appears the have it the opposite way, long end back, can't tell about yellow one but appears it's the same way.

It does look like the 2018 extension goes down further. I will post when I know. I was hoping for today but the mail just got here and doesn't look like today is the day.:frown2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I will certainly load the bike in the Condor then hold the extension up to it to see where it stands. Mine is set up with the short end of the cradle to the rear and holds the bike great.

The orange bike appears the have it the opposite way, long end back, can't tell about yellow one but appears it's the same way.

It does look like the 2018 extension goes down further. I will post when I know. I was hoping for today but the mail just got here and doesn't look like today is the day.:frown2:
Seems like the orange bike still had an ok amount of space to work with though. I just put an order in for my fender extender. Keep us posted on when yours comes and if it fits the condor :)

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
The more forward the position of the rear cradle yields greater the clearance; I suppose. Then again, the grip of the Condor will be tighter and backing the bike out of its grasp more difficult I set my chock to lift the front tire about a 3/8" to 1/2" off of the floor of the Condor. I look forward to seeing if the extension clears. or not.

prs

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Extender came today. I haven't mounted it yet but did test fit it-hold it up to the fender. My Condor is the aluminum free standing type. It is set with the cradle pin through the next to rear hole and the short end of the cradle to the rear. It holds the bike very firm this way and I have to give reverse a little help/nudge to get the bike out.

The extender is about 1-1/4" (guesstimate) from the top of the cradle. I didn't turn the cradle around but feel it would hit if long end was to the rear.

Everything a go for me. :yes1:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Extender came today. I haven't mounted it yet but did test fit it-hold it up to the fender. My Condor is the aluminum free standing type. It is set with the cradle pin through the next to rear hole and the short end of the cradle to the rear. It holds the bike very firm this way and I have to give reverse a little help/nudge to get the bike out.

The extender is about 1-1/4" (guesstimate) from the top of the cradle. I didn't turn the cradle around but feel it would hit if long end was to the rear.

Everything a go for me. :yes1:
Good to hear! Thanks for the info!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts