GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Click----->Peel Ferry, Arkansas

Free! :)

"The last public ferryboat operating in the state, Peel Ferry transports vehicles and passengers across a section of Bull Shoals Lake."

Reactions: almo and Monk

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
There's also one across the Ohio River. Can't remember the name of the town, but George Clooney is from there (KY side). Been across the Peel AR ferry many times.

Reactions: almo

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Rumors have it, that road just North of the Peel Ferry ain’t bad.
A Motley crew getting ready for the amusement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We need to do this ferry ride again with all hands on deck... especially the guy in the back with the black hat and red and grey shirt!! I’m in, whenever we can all make it! Sooner, rather than later, as far as I’m concerned!

·
Registered
191 Posts
The Badger is the only coal-fired steam 'car' ferry still working the Great Lakes. It was built for rail cars, not automobiles. Ludington, MI to Manitowoc, WI across Lake Michigan. About 4 hours sailing time. Very motorcycle-friendly!

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
1) Kootenay Bay to Balfour North of Creston B.C.

2) Galena to Shelter Bay South of Revelstoke BC.

Last I rode they were still both "free". Great riding too. Low traffic.

Reactions: almo

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
We need to do this ferry ride again with all hands on deck... especially the guy in the back with the black hat and red and grey shirt!! I’m in, whenever we can all make it! Sooner, rather than later, as far as I’m concerned!

I agree 100% :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Augusta Kentucky, crosses the Ohio river, also one at KY Hwy. 1156 the Valley View Ferry. It crosses the Kentucky River between Lexington and Richmond.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Isn't taking a ferry akin to trailing a motorcycle? Why would we do that unless we had to? :confused:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Isn't taking a ferry akin to trailing a motorcycle? Why would we do that unless we had to? :confused:

If my Gold Wing could scoot across the top of the water; there'd be no more ferries for me. It's a neat experience on any m/c (or car) long trip.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts