GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed air filter on reassembly and restart I got FI code blinking 9 times. All the same length. Did a search on here and found same thing happened
to someone else. They left PMG unplugged, PMG?
I have already disassembled again and checked all plugs. All seem to be plugged in and secure. Did not go all the way down to air filter.
I was also getting cruise control light blinking, the green one, that has cleared after unplugging and replugging.

So what do you think it could be? What is PMG? Where is it located?
Thanks

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,200 Posts
I just changed air filter on reassembly and restart I got FI code blinking 9 times. All the same length. Did a search on here and found same thing happened
I have already disassembled again and checked all plugs. All seem to be plugged in and secure. Did not go all the way down to air filter.
I was also getting cruise control light blinking, the green one, that has cleared after unplugging and replugging.

Thanks
You left the intake air temp sensor(IAT) unplugged on the top of the air box. I don't know what PMG is but the IAT will cause this code.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
9 Blinks • Engine operates normally (ECM controls using pre-set value; intake air temperature: 28° C/82° F)

• [*=left]Loose or poorly connected IAT sensor connector
    [*=left]Open or short circuit in TP sensor wire: • Faulty IAT sensor

Thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iat

Ok Ill bet that's it. Intake air temp. 2nd time in I did not go in that far. Guess it means another trip into the guts. Starting to get good at this.
Took it apart and put it back together in just a few hours yesterday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts