GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 with 38000 mi. driving home today, FI light came on, bike running fine, drove 10 mi. to home and shut engine off. started engine and light is now off..any ideas??? otherwise will start digging into tech manual....added note: filled fuel tank 20 mi. previous and ran bike HARD...HEY it was a beautiful day in Georgia today!!! have a blessed day...sam

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I have no idea why the light would come on but one time while on a trip my FI light came on.The bike was running as it always has. I stopped for some fuel and when I started the bike the FI light was off and hasn't come back on since.

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
If no codes show with the kickstand, you might have a bad connection with the speedo drive or a bad sender. The connecter is under the NAV control panel and you can follow it up from the transmission behind the right chrome engine cover.

I got a bad speedohealer, unplugged it untill I got the replacement, and it interrupted the speedo signal and caused the FI light to light with no error codes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FI light

update on FI light..#1 no code #2 removed left side cover and found fuse box hanging loose. I have a trike, rough roads must have shaken mounting bolt out. remounted box and checked all connectors etc. then drove 100 mi. today......no more issues so far. thanks guys for all the feedback..have a blessed day..sam

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Ya gotta love those inexpensive fixes..... :yes1:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts