GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Not sure that one will fit. http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html

Here is a little to bend your mind with. It is a little dated, but so am I. LOL

Threads, post size and return holes may look good, but that doesn't mean it will work.

Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here in Oz genuine honda filters are $20. plus, and V033 are less than $10..I don't like paying double for anything.Not trying to be frugal but no need to be silly with hard earned cash.The filter looks to be same as.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
While I understand the price difference...if you change as per the manual...at 4000 then every 8000 there after that is 13 changes in 100,000 miles...which translates to $130 over a 100,000 mile span...which for by far the majority is the lifetime of your ownership

That is 1.3 cents per mile

If you do this in 5 years that is $26/year

Really not much $$$ for a $20,000+ motorcycle

Really not bad and in my opinion, not a big deal considering if something should happen you are covered because you used Honda oem filters

I would not risk using another filter....I use oem, save my receipts, have the extended warrenty and no need to worry about anything

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Here in Oz genuine honda filters are $20. plus, and V033 are less than $10..I don't like paying double for anything.Not trying to be frugal but no need to be silly with hard earned cash.The filter looks to be same as.
:oops: Sorry, I did not notice you were not from around here, when I asked.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

and I thought $11 for the "beenie weiner size can" filter was high here!:roll:

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
G,day mate FYI you can use a RYCO Z411 for our wings at supercheap auto for $10 to $11 good oil filter :yes1:

CHEERS :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts