GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my rear brake chatters ( like everyone elses does). I believe that my rear rotor may have some hot spots.It vibrates even after sitting all night and is cool. Last Weekend I noticed it was worse after riding the Dragon and surrounding roads all day. Hot Brake fluid I assume.
Here is my question... I bought a rear swingarm assmly.with final drive and new rotor from my local stealer. I am gonna put the rotor on and new pads. My bike has 103,000. The final is ok...but i have a new one. Should I change the whole thing or leave the final on and just put the rotor on?:shrug: How many miles do the finals go?

·
Registered
129 Posts
final drive

I've always said if it aint broke don't fix it. There are some around these forums that have a lot of time & money that like doing things like that, if it were mine I would change the rotor, inspect the pads & install accordingly, if the FD is ok leave it there. Take care of it, I doubt they hardly ever wear out if taken care of. That's just me !!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im thinking that too but just wanted some one else to speak up. I Bought the whole setup for cheaper than I could get a rotor from HDL.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I would change out the Final Drive while you have it all torn apart. You have a new one there anyway and it's only 4 nuts to remove. Granted, your FD may last another 100k miles with no problem but since you have the parts and the time now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts