GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a replacement final drive and when it arrived, the part shown in the photo was damaged. I can't find any reference to it on the parts fiche.

Appears to be a vent/drain?? What is the purpose of this part?

Located on the bottom of the final drive......

·
Registered
460 Posts
Foto would help......:shock:

·
Vendor
17,410 Posts
Diff. fluid whips, foams, and expands as you drive. Air is thus forced out. The vent allows for expansion and contraction of the fluid.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Nope, all that little drip leg is for is just that. It is a drip leg to keep any internal leak off the brake pads and rotor, and an indicator that you have an internal leak.

Not a vent or anything, the vent is at the top of the drive. The little drip leg is in the body housing , and the top vent is channeled into the actual fluid chamber.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
The chrome cap is the only vent the Final Drive has.
Don't worry about the bottom drain.It's what Kit said it
was.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I'll keep on working.

·
Vendor
17,410 Posts
Nope, all that little drip leg is for is just that. It is a drip leg to keep any internal leak off the brake pads and rotor, and an indicator that you have an internal leak.

Not a vent or anything, the vent is at the top of the drive. The little drip leg is in the body housing , and the top vent is channeled into the actual fluid chamber.
You are right Kit. I didn't read the last sentance and not able to see any photo.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
You are right Kit. I didn't read the last sentance and not able to see any photo.
Hey I mess up too, I just figure with practice I will get it right sooner or later. :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts