GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Looking for a final drive unit that was pulled because it wore out. I don't need one that can be used in a bike, but I need some pieces out of a worn out final drive. Would prefer to be able to meet up and take it off your hands, but depending on cost, I'll cover shipping depending on where it's coming from. If it's easier, I just need the center hub that the wheel bolts to removed from the unit for use, not even the whole thing. If you have one and want to get rid of it, let me know.

Thanks,

Keith

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I believe he is looking for the part of number 6 that the wheel bolts to, so he can use it to hold a rear wheel for tire changes. I think it is called the final driven gear.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the 5 bolt pattern used on the Goldwing is 5 X 80mm.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ron,

Len is correct in what I'm looking for. I'm going to try to duplicate (or build my own version) of Len's mount for the rear wheel on a Goldwing for a tire changer. In that diagram, it's the bigger part of #6. and Blue, thanks for that info. If I can come up with a way to duplicate the pattern, I could possibly build my own "hub" and take it to my brother-in-law to use for doing Goldwing rear wheels.

And thanks Len, for the assist on this!!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Ok. I think in addition to part number 6, you might want number 12 as well. I also assume you would like all (5) stud bolts. If you mount a wheel to the hub with no rotor installed, you may run out of threads, so you may need to add spacers of some sort.
If you send a PM with your ship to address, I can weigh the parts and get a shipping cost from zip code 55901 (Rochester MN).

Ron

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PM Sent. Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
WOW! That was fast!

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Forum members helping forum members. Ya gotta love it. :bow:

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I really appreciate what Ron has done. With this hub, I can build a similar setup to Len's and take it to my brother-in-law and hopefully, with a little practice, we can assist other riders needing tire changes done that won't cost $$$ to get done at a shop. I'll let everyone know how this works out and if he will be able to help others with tire changing needs in the future. This part wouldn't be possible this quickly without Ron's help with the hub and it is with a heartfelt thanks I tip my hat to Ron. I'll post pics of the setup once we have it working also. This setup will be strictly for Goldwing rear wheels. Len has told me has troubles with those of us that have gone to the darkside, but we'll see what we can do for those as well.

Keith

1 - 13 of 13 Posts