GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in June, I was informed that wearing a helmet could be problematic after radiation in the neck region. Well fast forward to now and Dr said, nope - no restrictions regarding the use of a helmet, or riding a motorcycle in general, SOOOOO today I rode to work on the bike for the first time since last June.
Historically, I average 12,000 miles a year for the last 11 years.
In the past 10 months, I now have a grand total of 8.5 miles, but it will be up to 17 miles by the time I get home tonight.... >:)

It felt good to get back in the saddle.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Glad to hear I rode my trike 3 miles since July 29 Then heart surgery all set to go but some fool put 8 inches of white cold [email protected] on the roads.

I am going to install a replacement cb, air filter since I will have shrouds off , oil change, drive shaft grease and a new cell phone holder. Then when roads are clear I will be ready to go for it

:grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear I rode my trike 3 miles since July 29 Then heart surgery all set to go but some fool put 8 inches of white cold [email protected] on the roads.

I am going to install a replacement cb, air filter since I will have shrouds off , oil change, drive shaft grease and a new cell phone holder. Then when roads are clear I will be ready to go for it

:grin2::grin2:
Maybe the white stuff is God's way of telling you that you need to relax just a little bit longer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Back in June, I was informed that wearing a helmet could be problematic after radiation in the neck region. Well fast forward to now and Dr said, nope - no restrictions regarding the use of a helmet, or riding a motorcycle in general, SOOOOO today I rode to work on the bike for the first time since last June.

Historically, I average 12,000 miles a year for the last 11 years.

In the past 10 months, I now have a grand total of 8.5 miles, but it will be up to 17 miles by the time I get home tonight.... >:)

It felt good to get back in the saddle.
Awesome news, Marc. Good thing you held onto that bike!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thankfully, I do not face the white stuff in the SF bay area in California. This next week, I should be able to ride to my second office over in Manteca which is a 72 mile jaunt each way. I am actually looking forward to work next week....

Well that just raises all kinds of mental condition questions doesn't it....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts