GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Centech Power Block. I installed it in the cubby where the CB is. Therefore if I blow a fuse I dont have to remove the seat or anything. Simply open the trunk and its there. I ran the power for my Ec Lights, and my Gerbings so far. I put an inline fuse holder for safety. I drilled a hole in the spot next to where you run your CB cables to. I put a sheath around all the wires and heat shrinked all connectors. It turned out to be a very clean looking job. Better than I anticipated, thats for sure. I got alot of my electrical stuff at FRY'S. Its an electronic store that will blow your mind with all the stuff they have.
The only thing I want to do that I didnt think of is install a switch that turns off the power block when not in use.

Here is a pic of product I used.

http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/Merc ... 0019808390

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got alot of my electrical stuff at FRY'S. Its an electronic store that will blow your mind with all the stuff they have.
Where is this Fry's you memtion?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
With our setup, you would have gotten the following extras for the same money as the Centech:

1. A socket mounted relay to turn the fuse block on and off.
2. One additional fuse slot.
3. All the connectors.
4. The main fuse between the power distribution section and the battery.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
TallmanInAl said:
I got alot of my electrical stuff at FRY'S. Its an electronic store that will blow your mind with all the stuff they have.
Where is this Fry's you memtion?
It's in Gwinnett County right beside the Gwinnett Place mall off of I-85 north.

I think there is another near Alpharetta I think off of 400.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Fry's I went too is at Windward Parkway and Hwy 9 in Alpharetta.

The only thing I used from there is the wiring sleeve. I get ALL my wiring, connections at a marine store close to my house. I like the Ancor brand. I feel there is nothing better out there in regards to qaulity.

Lewis, If you will remember the reason I went ahead and got the Centech was because I was in a big hurry to get this done. Of course once I got it, it layed on my garage shelf for a month. The BMW store sells that stuff. I had bought it when I bought my Gerbings from him. Dont try to pull a CJ on me ! You know I support you whenever I can man.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:wink:

Toyo,
Ya keep spiffin' it up ya gotta make sure to keep it upright this year at CatsCade and at all other times. :wink: I can see where I'm gonna have to bring the extra chip for the digi-camera to get some pics of what guys like ya are installin'. :wink:

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Toyo, stop teasing us and post some pics of the install. :lol:

I used a different Centech block. I though about using that one but didn't see a good place to put it. It looks like a well made block.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Toyo,

If you want to do a BBQ run some day I'll toss a few pork steaks on the grill and get them to the 'fall off the bone' stage along with all the fixin's. :eat1:
While you're waiting, I should tell you I'm scared of the electrical stuff and will have the parts in the garage...if you're so inclined. :lol:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Twyn, dont tempt me. I just rode 1800 miles for a front wheel and jacket!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts