GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
Was that something available for purchase, or did he make it himself? Nice work if the latter. No for me but unique.
That鈥檚 real. Local guy had an early version of that that his father left behind. It was more rounded in shape, like the roof on a 30鈥檚 sedan. I could have gotten it for $80, but just didn鈥檛 pull the trigger in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered

Reactions: Drair

Registered
That鈥檚 real. Local guy had an early version of that that his father left behind. It was more rounded in shape, like the roof on a 30鈥檚 sedan. I could have gotten it for $80, but just didn鈥檛 pull the trigger in time.

Well that guy did some amazing work! That's pretty imaginative, I'd say.

Registered
I'm not going to put a GW owner down for doing something to their bike that isn't my personal cup of tea. And I've seen a lot that aren't. However, if they like it, and they paid for it, then it's the perfect bike.

I hope this GW starts many positive conversations at gas stations and rest stops. We sure could use more of them these days.
There was an individual awhile back that had one he was going to manufacture but ran into financial problems. You had to have a tall windshield and a luggage rack on back for it to work properly. It was not made as a hard top like this one it had holes in it and did not catch the wind and you could go 80 plus without any problems. Don't know what happened to him.

Registered
I think it's kinda cool, but probably better suited for a trike than a 2 wheeler. Sometimes it would feel pretty good not to have the sun beating on you all day!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts