GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I finally got back on the Wing after having it sitting in the garage since Sept. 28 without being ridden.

It was 50 degrees this morning and I decided to see how it would feel to ride it after my surgery and healing time. I felt ok. I went for coffee with a couple freinds and then I went out for about a 30 mile spin.

They asked me if I wanted to ride with them to a place for lunch which is about 50 miles from here. I told them I did not think that would be a good idea just yet. I am still sore around the incision area and things are not all working quite right just yet.

It did feel good though. Maybe this afternnon if the sun comes out I might go for another short spin. It did feel funny as I knew if I had any problems and the bike got over center it would be down. There is no way I would try and hold it up if that happened.

Hopefully I will get back to work on the 20th of this month. I know it will feel good as well as strange. This has been the longest dry period I have ever had to experience as far as being off work and healing up from anything major. It has taken alot longer than I thought it would. Ronbein told me at the hospital that it would be slow and the man knew what he was talking about....

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Glad to see you back riding again Ross. Hope you continue to heal quickly and I am looking forward to seeing you again in June.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
:yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Glad your up and going again Ross. Don't rush it, or you will be sorry! :shock:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ross,
Glad to hear your in the saddle again. Take it slow for a while and everything will get back to normal. Remember its still your job to look after Pole Cat!

Dennis

·
Registered
707 Posts
Super news Ross. Now, if you will put three shots of Ever Clear in the Metamusel, even Yellow Wolf couldn't keep up with you on the Dragon!

Best wishes for a complete recovery.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
bigdon said:
Glad your up and going again Ross. Don't rush it, or you will be sorry! :shock:

What bigdon said, Ross.

Take it easy.

I know you are excited about being on the bike again.

Yahoo!

Bob E.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Glad to hear you felt well enough to take a ride. Make sure you don't over do it.

Dep

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
5Ross,

You only get one chance to heal right, you got the rest of your life to ride... Glad your feeling better. Take it easy we are going to need you at Cats-Cade'07!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :flg:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Keep on healing,the longer rides will be there in due time.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
That is great Ross! The Wing is a part of your life, and I am sure you
felt alive on that 30 mile spin. I am glad you hadn't planned on attending
the Wingstock. If memory serves, that was the week-end you fell ill.

Herb

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
Great news Ross, just remember not to over do it

looking forward to seeing u and old Polecat in Texas next spring

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Like Matt said only 1 chance to heal right! Glad your doing so well!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Now that's a bit of good news. Do you get the idea that folks want you to take it easy and not overdo just yet? Well, what can I say that would convince you to do just that?

Sounds like Kerrville next Spring might be a possibility, eh?

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yay!!!!!!!
What everyone else said: take it easy and let yourself heal. See you very soon,
Becky & Rich

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I'm glad someone got to go for a ride today. :D

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
You made my day Ross! Glad to hear you had your face in the breeze.

Bradford

1 - 20 of 30 Posts