GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Houston Saturday. A friend asked me to go with him to Harley shops probably because I have a GPS and neither one of us know Houston. We went to one shop and he got his "passport" stamped. Then while heading for another, the sky let loose. Hard rain. Pure luck I found a lot with covered parking with a metal roof for employees. The metal part is important. We waited 45 minutes as the rain was moving from South to North. We decided to head back to the hotel which according to my GPS was south away from the rain. As friggin soon as we got from under the metal roof and commited our selves to riding the GPS swung 180 degrees and we headed North into the heart of the storm. Couldn't see 5 feet in front of me the rain was so hard. Used the squeege on my gloves to try wiping my visor, but it was little help. Made it OK, but was soaked. Good feeling however. Remind me next time for just an over night trip to take two pair of boots.

Coming back on Sunday we got another burst of rain. Did not fill up the tank before leaving as I was too wet from the day before. While riding on 290 N could not find an open gas station while riding in another driving rain. three gas stations that showed on the GPS were closed. Finally got one that was open and we put on our Frog Togs. Headed out in the rain and 10 minutes later the rain stopped. Rode another 50 miles and decided to get out of the rain suit and then it got warm. Rain was nice if I could only have seen. Wish we would get some in Central Texas. we are still without any measurable rain all summer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts