GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
39 F. and drizzling this morning. No more sweating, chaffing, dehydration, and all those summer problems ... :thumbup:

Predicted temps for Indiana for the next week ... cool of 33 F. tomorrow night ... up to 73 F. next Wednesday afternoon. Great weather for us "leaf peepers" to ride southern Indiana.

Now to find a room ...

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Will someone please turn up the heat!:coffee1::coffee1::coffee1:

·
Registered
898 Posts
I love fall riding! !!;)

·
Love The DCT
12,156 Posts
32 degrees this morning, no wind, and the riding was great. Not a single bug on the windshield. :doorag:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Cooler temps

I left north Georgia Friday morning in 57 degree temps heading for central Florida. By the time I got to Lakeland the temp was 91 degrees.
I think I'm ready to head back to north Georgia.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From an Indiana perspective ... on a Goldwing ...

90's ... too hot for comfort ... doable but not pleasant.

80's ... sorta warm ... still sweating.

70's ... NICE !

60's ... pleasantly cool.

50's ... slip on the quilted liner under the mesh armor.

40's ... long johns, find the winter gloves, raise the windshield, fleece inside the quilted jacket liner.

30's ... getting downright cool ... add another layer.

20's ... consider ordering electric clothing ... nope ... too much $$$.

Teens ... jog out to the barn ... remove some part ... bring it into the warm house and polish it while watching Fred's "HOW TO" videos.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I am with Rocketman. It was 43 degrees the other morning. I want some more heat. 90 is just right for me.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wonderful in Arkansas yesterday for our local ride of 278 miles. Started at 58 in the morning (valleys a little cooler than that), then a high at mid day of 75 then to end the ride day at 63 just before dark. Low humidity and severe clear too! It just don't get no better than that!!! WELL unless gasoline was $0.40 a gallon.:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts