GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah yeah, this is off topic, sorry but had to share with all.

After a year and a half of training I finally have my Rotorcraft Helicopter Private Pilot's License. Went for my checkride today, after a two and half hour oral exam, and about an hour of actual flying with the examiner, he shook my hand and said congradulations. I'm now finally a full fledged pilot.

Thanks to everyone that has encouraged my through all of this. Quite a few folks know what I went through/gave up to do this, and let me tell you. It was worth every bit!!! I'm estatic right now, can't think very straight as I have already drank a half bottle of champaine...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Congratulations.....!

Keep us informed of your destination and route when ya fly.
So we know what areas to avoid.

:lol:

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Too cool Fuse. Keep those rotors rotating.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Hey, free rides at the next "Cats-Cade"??????????????

Congrats, that has to be so cool!!!!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
FUSE said:
Yeah yeah, this is off topic, sorry but had to share with all.

After a year and a half of training I finally have my Rotorcraft Helicopter Private Pilot's License. Went for my checkride today, after a two and half hour oral exam, and about an hour of actual flying with the examiner, he shook my hand and said congradulations. I'm now finally a full fledged pilot.

Thanks to everyone that has encouraged my through all of this. Quite a few folks know what I went through/gave up to do this, and let me tell you. It was worth every bit!!! I'm estatic right now, can't think very straight as I have already drank a half bottle of champaine...
Far out :p :p :p

Van 8)

·
Registered
732 Posts
I flew fixed wings but I know exactly how you feel......it is the most exhilarating time when the examiner shakes your hand and says "Congratulations".
Good job Bro !!!!!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
azblackbird said:
Congrats dude... now watcha gonna do with it?
I'm going all the way man... I've payed for 300 hours. I'm at about 100. I should have my commercial sometime next year. Right after that I plan on getting my CFI so I can instruct. Then my instrument rating and my cert so I can instruct that. From there who really knows. My eventual goal is to fly for the Maryland State Police Aviation Unit. Right now I'm hoping that I will be in the sky for the rest of my life....

W

·
0 Posts
Great accomplishment Fuse.........we're all proud of ya.

With your ambitions, maybe you'll in working for NASA next.

·
Registered
552 Posts
FUSE said:
azblackbird said:
Congrats dude... now watcha gonna do with it?
I'm going all the way man... I've payed for 300 hours. I'm at about 100. I should have my commercial sometime next year. Right after that I plan on getting my CFI so I can instruct. Then my instrument rating and my cert so I can instruct that. From there who really knows. My eventual goal is to fly for the Maryland State Police Aviation Unit. Right now I'm hoping that I will be in the sky for the rest of my life....
Good luck... :yes1:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I used to be a fixed wing examiner and to see the look on the students face when I said 'Congratulations' was priceless. Enjoy you new found freedom and I hope you never forget the way you feel now.
Ride ( & Fly ) Safe
Ken

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Congratulations!

Can I have a ride, now? :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
:D :clap2: :yes1: Congrats Fuse.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
All that hard work paid off. Congrats!

Good luck with all your future plans.

Dep

·
Registered
871 Posts
Congrats Ray,

As a Pilot (SEL), I can appreciate the skill it takes to keep 10,000 parts together that are trying desperately to fly apart!!

The fact that helo's fly at all is pure FM...

Good Luck!

Lance

1 - 20 of 29 Posts