GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey George, just wanted you to know that we finally made it home from Kerrville. 8300 miles and 7 weeks later. Man what a trip. Over a dozen states visited, lots of good friends and family visited, all sorts of weather to ride through, WAY to much good BBQ, and more laughs than I should be allowed to enjoy in life.

I plan to post some pictures here of the trip once I get done all my "honey dos" (I am still trying to figure out why I have some many when my lovely bride was with me).

I will also post up my usual "True Story" of the recently completed NC Ride In hosted by our good friend Old Fred. Now that was a blast and a great time was had by all who showed up.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Must be nice to be retired and have all that free time :evil: (I'm just jealous).

And the reason for all the "Honey must-Do's" is she had all that free time sitting back there to think about what she had for you to do.

I'll be joining the retired ranks one of these days - till then I'll just think jealous thoughts of y'all. Glad you enjoyed the trip, despite the minor setback with the Sherriff we heard about.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Jim, I said Left at the light not Right... Next time it wont take so long if ya follow instructions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Is Capt. Carl still there with the hooker girls........whoops......meant the Hooter girls? Hope he didn't destroy the pool!! Glad you and Nance made it home safe and sound.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'm glad you and your lovely wife had a great, safe trip.
As for work around the house, hire some kids and get back on your trike for another ride.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Just watch. He's only there to refresh his computer. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Glad you are home safe. We enjoyed getting to see you and Nancy on your way to North Carolina. Get the yard mowed, then get back down this way soon.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Hey, Jim. Glad you had a safe and fun trip. I will bet you did not get any good food like the OST in Bandera. We went by there yesterday on our way to Neal's in Concan and the place was full of motorcyclist....lots of trikes out yesterday too. Neal's was humming too....thought of all of us there last April....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Jim I'm so glad to hear that you and Nancy are home & safe and had a great time. Hope to see you two sometime soon. Your friend in NJ.
Big Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Jim. Duane and I enjoyed meeting you and Nancy at the NC ride. What a great time we had. I think we are hooked! This was our first trip ever and it could not have gone better. Hope to see you two again sometime.

Kate

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Hey, Jim. Glad you had a safe and fun trip. I will bet you did not get any good food like the OST in Bandera. We went by there yesterday on our way to Neal's in Concan and the place was full of motorcyclist....lots of trikes out yesterday too. Neal's was humming too....thought of all of us there last April....
George were you following about 7 or 8 goldwings yesterday, I thought I saw an orange can am following us back into Bandera from Utopia.

·
Registered
453 Posts
W o w ! ! ! !

Sounds like you did he 4 corners and more. Welcome back to the Balto area.

Am really looking forward to your photos and more detailed accounts!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jim, it was nice seeing you and Nancy again. Glad you made it home safe. Gerry and I had a wonderful time and meeting new friends. Thanks Fred for everything.
Phil

·
Registered
321 Posts
Jim & Nancy, glad you made it home OK. You missed a good meal Saturday night. You also missed the rain Sunday morning when we left. Maybe we will see you in Madison.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Always a pleasure to meet any and all of these great folks. Glad the tomato made it home safe. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
What a great time., making memories and meeting fun riders. Let us hope for next year, how 'bout that Fred? By the way, thanks for this year's Sparta gathering and great riding.

Bill and Millie.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Glad you are home safe. We enjoyed getting to see you and Nancy on your way to North Carolina. Get the yard mowed, then get back down this way soon.
I understand Jim now has the yard mowed and actually got the Trimming completed!!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Boy that was a close call. Almost got caught... I need more warning then that. Just barely (get it) got the girls out of the pool before the red tomato turned the corner.... need a better warning system if this swimming pool thing is going to work out for my "therapy"...
I guess I gotta give my number out to a few people in the know....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Jim, It was a pleasure to finally shake your hand. Wish our SCRC event was not at the same time as I would have enjoyed spending more time with you. But, that would have meant having to spend more time with George Patrick :bow: so maybe not all was lost. Anyway,glad to have met you at Mamacitas.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
All this traveling around and finally making it home only to discover his had received a small package which would have aided his travels and was almost stolen by his daughter. He was aware of the package being sent and was under the assumption he would just return it to sender until he and his family saw the contents. Then it wellllllllllllllllllllll we might just need to keep this stuff, using the excuse of not hurting the senders feeling, when it truth there was no way he could could part with any of the goodies in the package. Plus he found out that another member of the Three Amigos had received a similar package. He knew that it was a done deal especially since now the two upper partners of the group had a one up on the third member and this time it wasn't just cookies!!!! Makes one wonder what the third partner will have to do to get such a package.........

Sorry Charlie!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts