GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That the Yellow ones are the fastest.....

That is my left mirror on the left side to prove it was a yellow wing :D .

Let's see you red, silver, black and blue ones top that :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul H.

·
Registered
324 Posts
A red one here that concedes to that speed. lol Harry

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
The only thing this has proven is maybe you are in need of a new GPS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The new orange along with the older ones will soon dominate... :wink: :wink:

Now before anyone gets into a tizzy, this was all in fun..........

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
yeh , my 2610 GPS has come up with 240+ mph max speed when I have entered tunnels , lost the signal .

·
Registered
85 Posts
But we know what color gets better gas mileage WE know that it is the RED one HO HO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
yellow one said:

Let's see you red, silver, black and blue ones top that :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul H.
Yep you have the silver beat by several hundred MPH. The highest I've been able to see is 231 MPH on my 2610.

So smooth it didn't feel a bit over 90 MPH though. :cop2:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
yellow one said:

Let's see you red, silver, black and blue ones top that :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:....he said, as he went over the cliiiiiiiffffffff... :shock:

Paul H.
My Navman doesn't keep a record of top speed; it's too scared. :lol:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
yellow one said:
That the Yellow ones are the fastest... Paul H.
Hey Paul,

Here's some verification that PY is the fastest. BTW, this is just cruise mode. If I put it in supercruise, watch out. lololololololol

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Wanderer,

That was during our trip through Utah pulling our '40 Ford. I wouldn't recommend it tho - - -

I got to looking and a little piece of paint couldn't stand the heat and blistered. :lol: :lol: (Just kidding Donnie, the paint is holding up well!)

Paul H.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Sorry, but I nursed just a little more out of my Titanium :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang Joe,

Now I'm going to have to risk burning up on re-entry! :lol: :lol:

Okay, I've been put in my place. Yellow is apparently 2nd fastest :bow: :a13:

Paul H.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Brokein2 said:

Back to Yellow being slightly quicker...

- Craig
Way to go, Craig. I'm betting you're gonna win this one!

What's most interesting is why anyone would provide for a 4 digit display (plus decimals) for speed. Maybe it's really intended for F-22 pilots. :roll:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
All of these numbers are interesting, but how about some pictures of the actual speedo in action? If you can't take the picture with your left hand, get your S.O. to take one over your shoulder. Should make for some interesting stories. :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
All of these numbers are interesting, but how about some pictures of the actual speedo in action? If you can't take the picture with your left hand, get your S.O. to take one over your shoulder. Should make for some interesting stories. :p
My left hand is busy gripping the grip - I am going 1362.7 MPH for gods sakes!

Unfortunately....My SO rides her own yellow 2002 GL1800. 8)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
way to go, mcmom!!!

Got 993 mph on my black cherry red once but didn't take a pic. At that time it showed me in the middle of nowhere on the map, too.

David M.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts