GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finding that Brake Wire (found it and followed up with install pictures)

I'm going to install a IBF9 comagination brake light flasher module.

I think the best place to install this is on the bulb side of the 14P-W connector

I'm looking to use the Green/Red wire, basically this one that comes from the Stop Light relay in the bank of Blue relays.

If I've got this wrong, please shout out before I get the wire cutters out.

Thanks

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,603 Posts
The connector in your photo is the CD player's connector, not the brake light connector.

This is the one you want (C31), keep in mind this is the main line for all of the brake lights in the rear, except the spoiler light.

The schematic your are showing is wrong with the connector's color, it should be gray. One of the little booboos in the service manual. If you go to the lighting section and look at the schematic there, you will see it references C31. The green/red wire will be on pin#3.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a bunch, I got that installed.

·
Vendor
18,706 Posts
When it comes to elertricity, count on Techdude. He loves that like I like motors, trannys, and ADGs.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
This is a little off topic but I just had to post a reply. I was eating a sandwich when I viewed the post by Chris and Techdude and when I looked at the two pictures they posted I almost choked! Both bikes are so CLEAN! Mine is so dusty and dirty in comparison! :bow: Either I am a complete scum bag or you two don't ever ride your bikes! Mine never lookes that good even if I had just taken a few hours to get after all the dirt that piles up on all that wiring. I feel so ashamed...no, that is not right. I am glad I ride instead of clean. :biker::yes:

<living off a dirt road probably has something to do with it>

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those pictures both came from the GL Service Manual PDF, well except the one showing the wires and the blue relay. That I took with my Nikon D7000.

But, my bike is that clean, just because I don't have many miles on it, and I am just publishing a video of my little project last night, also recored on my Nikon, using the video mode.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,603 Posts
Hey Mark, mine is pretty dirty, but it never breaks so I don't have any pictures of it. The pic I used is from the service manual also. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's my video

Here's a link to a HowTo, Step by Step

All pictures are of my bike, and no I didn't clean it before I took the pictures.

·
Vendor
18,706 Posts
This is a little off topic but I just had to post a reply. I was eating a sandwich when I viewed the post by Chris and Techdude and when I looked at the two pictures they posted I almost choked! Both bikes are so CLEAN! Mine is so dusty and dirty in comparison! :bow: Either I am a complete scum bag or you two don't ever ride your bikes! Mine never lookes that good even if I had just taken a few hours to get after all the dirt that piles up on all that wiring. I feel so ashamed...no, that is not right. I am glad I ride instead of clean. :biker::yes:

<living off a dirt road probably has something to do with it>
Then some of us have new ones laying around just to take pix of !!! Mark, do you just have one ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts