GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to see the new Cable bridge over the Missouri, on I-29, quite nice.

As I pulled my bbq file up, I found a contender about a mile from the bridge, so we added it to the trip plan.

Smokin Guns proved to be the best place in the KC area that I have had so far, and not by a little, but by a LOT. The ribs were a solid 9 of 10, the smoked entire chicken was a solid 9 of 10, the pork was an 8 of 10, the beef was spicy and dried out so 2 of 10 , the sauce was FAR too spicy and only 1 kind avaible, so a 2 of 10, potato cassarole was a 9 of 10, coleslaw was just nasty vinager so 0 of 10. Prices were the best in the KC area as well. Lots of parking avaible, easy to find.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
I just had to see the new Cable bridge over the Missouri, on I-29, quite nice.

As I pulled my bbq file up, I found a contender about a mile from the bridge, so we added it to the trip plan.

Smokin Guns proved to be the best place in the KC area that I have had so far, and not by a little, but by a LOT. The ribs were a solid 9 of 10, the smoked entire chicken was a solid 9 of 10, the pork was an 8 of 10, the beef was spicy and dried out so 2 of 10 , the sauce was FAR too spicy and only 1 kind avaible, so a 2 of 10, potato cassarole was a 9 of 10, coleslaw was just nasty vinager so 0 of 10. Prices were the best in the KC area as well. Lots of parking avaible, easy to find.
I think I'll pass on this joint.......Two, 2 of 10 scores and one 0 of 10....

No 10 of 10 and you recommend it....:coffee1:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Also would like to know where it is at. 5 or 6 of us are riding to KC to eat BBQ at the end of the month.
They are tired of listening to me bitch about the crappy Ohio BBQ.
I am taking them to Zardas, Gates, Jackstack and Arthur Bryants

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'll pass on this joint.......Two, 2 of 10 scores and one 0 of 10....

No 10 of 10 and you recommend it....:coffee1:
I said it was by far the best I had in KC.

And it is, the chicken , pork, and ribs are quite good.

You should see what I gave gave Bryants, and thats only because I couldnt give less than zero.

·
Registered
108 Posts
ROSEDALE BBQ BABY ! YUMMMMMY FOR YOUR TUMMY. I-35 & 7th STREET TRAFFICWAY... NEAR KU MED CENTER. :thumbup: 600 SOUTHWEST BLVD. K.C.KS. Established 7/4/1934....

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Rosedale BBQ
Good ribs, not real fond of the sauce.
Have eaten there many times.
Originally from KC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts