GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished putting my V2 hitch on late yesterday afternoon wiring and hitch no problems, decided to test out the piggie today. Put three 50 lb bags of sand in the trailer and one in the cooler rack on the front. Figure thats as much as I will ever put in it at one time. This thing pulled great got up to 85 on interstate and not a wobble. Well I am on call next weekend so I can't go anywhere but I will the week after. Only mods I made at this point is the eye bolts on the inside for bunggies and I put LED taillights on it. Got them at Harbor Freight there low profile and do a great job.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's a great little trailer isn't it! :D

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Shoundog said:
Put three 50 lb bags of sand in the trailer and one in the cooler rack on the front. Figure thats as much as I will ever put in it at one time.
I wished I could get away with ONLY 150lbs

This my packing list for last weeks trip into Ark.

Piggy it self 175 lbs
Tent and tools + tarp 80 lbs
2 full-size chairs 16 lbs
2 small stools 8 lbs
2 Artic Old Style Bags 12 lbs
1 Queen Air mattress 22 lbs
air pump 1 lbs
lanterns 10 lbs
pillows/blankets/towels ect 12 lbs
tools/Xtr bearings ect 25 lbs
4 O2 bottles 35 lbs
cloths bag 45 lbs
Xtr shoes and boots 18 lbs
loaded ice chest 70 lbs
gas can 2gal 16 lbs

545 lbs Looks like I have a load for sure, not to mention what I have in the trunks of the Trike.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
George, I guess I should have said I hope I never have to carry more than 150 lbs. Most of the time I travel alone on the longer trips I take but I like to take plenty changes of clothing. Wife and I only take short trips together most of the time due to our work and only get one long trip together in a year. I also want to start camping and that is the big reason for the trailer. There is no way the SO will camp with me her idea of camping is Holiday Inn with out blankets. I have been buying things for camping and I am looking for stuff that is sturdy but light. I know the piggie will handle alot more than 150lb so if I need it it's there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts