GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some feedback on this product. I have a BMW K1200LT as well as a GL1800. I purchased an Aeroflow windshield for the BMW and I love it. I also like the electric adjustment. I use it constantly. Does the Firecreek product perform as advertised for the GL1800?

Dick Goble

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Yes. The windbender performs as advertised on the Firecreek site. I've had one for 60K miles and wouldn't be without it (nor would my wife Gail).

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
firecreek

deleted this post

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
firecreek

deleted duplicated post

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: firecreek

JD said:
.... Maybe if this tulsa ever wears out, i might try the windbender.
JD
Just remember, the Tulsa is designed to look THROUGH, the Windbender is designed to look OVER. Those who love one will likely hate the other. My wife uses a Tulsa, I use a Windbender. Neither of us is very willing to ride the other's bike. :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
windbender windshield

My friend and I both ordered windbenders for our 1800 GW and neither one of us like them, he took his of after 1,000 miles and put the stock windshield back on. Him and his wife both like the stock windshield better, less head buffing. I also get less buffing with the stock windshield. His is for sale now. I E-MAILED Windbender 3 times for help, and Tom wound'nt answer any of my E-Mails, once the sale is made , you are on you own, no help from Windbender. :( :( :( :(

I E-Mailed Tom himself.

·
Vendor
22,091 Posts
I have had one on my bike for over 80K miles now, and I love it and have not had any problems with it.

Tom is normally very responsive to problems, so I am suprised to hear you did not get a response from him. He has a third party selling his product for him, and I have heard reports of problems with the distributor he is using. Did you email Tom directly, or the distributor?

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
rgoble=you have two fine bikes. Why not discuss some of the differences here for those who wonder about the BMW ?

S

·
0 Posts
Windbender ST and HP

I have both the Windbender HP and ST. I ride most of the time with the tinted HP model. With just over 20,000 miles in one year I would highly reccomend the Windbender. It sheds rain very well and I like a look over windshield vs. a look through. Especially when the look through fogs up. My Tulsa's in the past have fogged up when you hit that perfect temp. Its no fun looking around a Tulsa when its fogged. BT DT.

Shoot Tom an email and he will call you. I did not buy the additional electric motor. I Just could not justify the cost and really don't adjust my w/s all that often.

It would be nice if HONDA would add the electric w/s in 2007. My wife has one on her ST1300 and loves it.

Dave

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have both the HP and ST. They are great if you prefer looking over the shield. I use the ST with a passenger on board, HP for solo. Big improvement over stock. JMO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts