GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Did you have a chance to evaluate the new grab handles with respect to putting the bike on and off the center stand?

I’m 6’2” and would probably like the new increased handle height but my 2018 is already pretty easy as compared to my 2013.

I wouldn’t be interested if they tend to throw the bike over to one side.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
So you guys with an automatic model, R U really happy with the auto, OR quietly wishing that you stayed with the shift model??

Ronnie
PS. Thank you Fred (y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
So you guys with an automatic model, R U really happy with the auto, OR quietly wishing that you stayed with the shift model??

Ronnie
PS. Thank you Fred (y)
I love my DCT ! When I want manual I simply switch to Manual. Now I have a choice.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

Ronnie
PS. Thank you Fred (y)
Its the other way around.....
If I would have gotten a manual I would have wished I'd gotten the DCT (and been envious of those that had one).

I love the DCT and have zero regrets.......

·
Registered
554 Posts
I was a late convert. Put about 14k on my 6 spd manual & recently traded for a DCT. No regrets about either but the DCT is kinda like cruise control, power windows, heated seats, etc in your car. You likely don't appreciate the small stuff much as you drive off the lot but after a few miles you really learn to appreciate them & wonder how you ever got along without them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice work, Fred. Showed this to the SO and she was very impressed, liked the white model. Maybe a upgrade from my 13 F6B soon? Also loved that it was on some familiar roads as we had a F6B get together there a few years ago.

·
Love The DCT
11,378 Posts
Did you have a chance to evaluate the new grab handles with respect to putting the bike on and off the center stand?

I’m 6’2” and would probably like the new increased handle height but my 2018 is already pretty easy as compared to my 2013.

I wouldn’t be interested if they tend to throw the bike over to one side.
I've had no problems putting the 18 and 19 tour models up on the centerstand. For me, it seemed to be a bit easier to put the 20 tour model up on the centerstand because I could wrap my hand completely around the grab handle. I found no issue with "tend to throw the bike over to one side."
?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Its the other way around.....
If I would have gotten a manual I would have wished I'd gotten the DCT (and been envious of those that had one).

I love the DCT and have zero regrets.......
You know this is probably the best way I could have said what I feel. At times I miss the Clutch lever. But if I had the Manual bike I would miss not having the DCT more than having a DCT and not having the manual.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Dealer called me this morning on my birthday to let me know my 20 is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Happy Birthday, that's a really nice birthday present. Enjoy! (y)

41 - 53 of 53 Posts