GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it had to happen someday but I did not think that it would happen like this. Pulled into the Main Street Grill south of Daytona for Sunday brunch and we were pleased to see the parking space directly in front of the doors available and parked in it. On our way out there was an injured man bleeding from the head and hand sitting on the curb with his wife, daughter, and mom all in their church clothes tending to him. As we saddle up an ambulance and fire engine pull in for him but he looks ok, might just need a few stitches in the head or something. The mom comes over to my wife and me to tell us that he was so focused on our motorcycle that he walked right into the concrete posts in front of the resteraunt and fell to the ground injuring his hand. This bike is dangerous even when it's parked!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hey Wingnut, I'm pretty callous as most but that comment about not getting blood on the bike is a little crass. Just a little too zealous. Think about it! :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
Yes, I agree with GLAD. You should have said "you wish he had got blood on his bike"

·
Registered
536 Posts
Uneasyrider, you're probably facing a lawsuit now. Your Goldwing caused an accident because it was an "attractive nuisance." :(

As an example, if a neighborhood child sees your swimming pool, jumps into it and drowns, you could be held liable because you failed to prevent access to the pool (didn't fence it in.) Therefore you should have covered your bike when you parked it so that people wouldn't be attracted to it (or distracted by it) and thus failed to observe the proximity of vertical concrete objects.

Stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeap!! Better call your insurance company and find about your liability insurance you sure do have an attractive nuisance. If you are not covered kiss it good buy it will have a new owner.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine was more of a classic dope moment. Two Saturdays ago I stopped at a local store to pick up some baked goods and salad fixins. Two doors down is a coffee shop, and there are a lot of people sitting outside enjoying the weather. I couldn't believe my luck in finding a parking spot right in front of the door, did a perfect little 135 degree turn to the left into the space, cut off the motor, and hopped off.

Without putting down the side stand.

D'oh!

For such a heavy bike, it sure picks up easy!

Pax,
MMe
who did something like this once before in the 80s at the Wing Shop outside Dallas in front of a whole gang of Saturday Wing riders

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Now you guys did it !! If the insurance brokers ever read this, the rates will be in proportion to the color brightness! LOL

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
mbmyer said:
Without putting down the side stand.

D'oh!

For such a heavy bike, it sure picks up easy!

================ ;)

I did that with my Honda 750-4 back in the late 1970's... Since that day , I've been very anal with looking at the side stand to check that it did stay down.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Uneasy,

I hope that you have insurance...LOL

Also you could have gotten ticketed for causing a Public Nusance....LOL

Bulldog

1 - 11 of 11 Posts