GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, it was not much different than my '01 wing, but I was looking forward to it. After staying up til midnight getting the graphics on and the parts on that I repainted, I was ready to ride. Here in the Northwest we have had snow, ice, rain, and wind all in the past couple of weeks. Today however, it was nice, mildly overcast and between 45-55 degrees. We logged in a few hundred miles and doubled my odometer.

What a great day to spend with your motorcycle family.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Don,

Bet you had a ball. Every time I jump on my bike, it feels like the very first time. The excitement never abates.

Bulldog

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Hey Don...how about some pics. Would like to see the white ghost with the graphics and repainted parts.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, OK.... I was going to wait until I had all the work done, but I'll post some pictures. We are still working on what we want to put on the other panels. We have to make everything flow somewhat, but still show enough of what we do. When we go to the local rallies we want to be able to show people the quality of vinyl graphics on the bike.

Here is the windshield, this is called etchmark vinyl and it has the looks, texture and feel of window etching, but is removable.

I repainted my dash, lower cowl and exhaust covers

The Eagle I put on the front of the apron is illusion blue, but does not show it well in the picture. The pinstriping on the fender shows a little blue coming through.

We did a simple dolphin pinstriping on the saddlebags and we used illusion blue along with intense blue to match the seat.

And finally, the job is not complete without name and hometown. We also did this in illusion blue.

That's it for now. We are working on what to do to the fairing and sides. I am also thinking of a MAYTAG repairman logo on the rear somewhere.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
the blue accents show off real nice against the light color of the bike

they stand out

loren

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We went to Green Freeze 1 in Auburn. They have a ride in the middle of Jan, Feb and March. $15/person covers all 3 rides and a big lasagna feast at the end of the 3rd one. They are GWTA Chapter V.

We do most of the big rides in Wa state. Mostly GWTA (because there are a lot of them) but we do some others like the Governors Run, GWRRA State Rally, CMA State Rally and others.

You should hook up with the Petty's out of your chapter, they come down to visit our chapter often.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I know the Petty's.They regularly attend our chapter meetings,and also live across the street from my riding partner.
Jim says he is medically ok to ride again,so I bug him about getting on his wing whenever I see him!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts