GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Lufkin Texas on Sunday morning drove to Biloxi,Mississippi,spent 2 days. then Tallahassee Florida,Savannah Georgia and Hilton Head,SC. Now on the way home . it is 4/5/09 in Atlanta Georgia. Had several days of heavy rain.Thank God for Frog Togs. I am pulling a trailer behind the bike 2001 wing.Tomorrow it will be cold 29 in the morning. Wife is with me and I am suprised but she has enjoyed it all except the rain, I am running a car tire for the first time and am greatly pleased with it. We are going to stay in Medirian Mississippi next. We are only doing 300 miles a day. (wife if you know what I mean).......more to come:excited::excited:

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
good job
... make it the first of many big trips.

(watch out for the water "wake" the big semi's throw during those Georgia rain storms
... sometimes it's like getting hit by a giant wave).

Dennis

·
Registered
20 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup: I AGREE GO FOR IT AND IT'S GOOD YOU VERY GOOD FRIEND CAN ENJOY IT WITH YOU, BESAFE.:bow:

·
Registered
633 Posts
:cool: Hey glad ya'll are having a good ride. Sorry about the rain, but we have had it "big-time" in the Southeast for about 2 weeks. Keep your co-rider happy and if she wants to stop and change into dry clothes........just do it. My co-rider "High-Maintanence" gets a little cranky when water runs down her neck and inside the rain gear. I don't particular like it when it puddles up between my legs with a little seapage in that area.:rolleyes: Bad news for the boys. Hey, stay dry and warm and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Let this be the first of many more to come. Glad to see you're both having fun. :thumbup:
I see by your Avatar that you're a LEO. Thank you for the job that you do. The Wing can be a great stress buster.

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
When I used to go on a two week road trip with the cage, I was always glad to get home again.

When we take the bike, I'm always ready to turn a two weeker into a 4 weeker.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wish the cagers would think before they pull in too close after passing. those 18 wheelers don't realize they carry so much wind either. they pass and whip back in,OOOOOOOhhhhh. not only did we get wet weather, not we have cold too. it is 42 degrees in Meridian Mississippi tonight so I think we will stay 2 nights. It look better on Wednesday. You guys have been a wealth of info. Pulling a trailer, wet weather and others-Thanks Guys
on the way home back to Lufkin Texas and the nose back to the grindstone
:22yikes:Jim

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wish I was There

Sound like even with the rain you are still having a good time. Even a rainy day on the bike is better than a day in the snow and wind. It's 25 here and snowing. Yesterday 63 the Wing was out.
:congrats:Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts