GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out to the garage last night to go on a ride and saw my Falkin rear tire was flat. After laying her over so I could see better, I found a double headed nail in it at an angle. I took if off today and the tire dealer put a patch on the inside, at least there wasn't any plug sticking out (I thought they would just plug it) do you think its safe to ride or should I just replace it? By the way, the tire shop brought it back out cause they couldn't find a leak (I had removed the nail pryer to taking it). I showed them where it was and they took it back in to repair.

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Properly repaired, tire is serviceable...at least it would be for me.

They didn't plug and patch it? :?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Properly repaired, tire is serviceable...at least it would be for me.

They didn't plug and patch it? :?
I didn't watch them repair it, but I cannot see any sign of a plug, so I assumed they patched it from the inside

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I would run It till it's wore out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
:agree:keep in under 100mph till it sticks good then give it hell

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I would run It till it's wore out. :thumbup:
:agree: Picked up a nail in my Hankook Ventus, and run it for probably 12,000 miles with a rope plug in it. Never leaked a bit!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If I remember right frrom the old days, a patch on the inside was better than a regular tire plug.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rode over 200 miles Sat on a PGR mission in 90+ heat, no problems with the patch, I'm satisfied <)

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I'm guessing the only thing between your rim and the concrete was a a thin layer of rubber.

Glad it was in the garage when it went down.:yes1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts