GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,
I see on the website for the First Gear jackets that they actually make a tall size for us six footers out there. Problem is finding a vendor that carries them. Do any of you know where the talls are available :?: I have been looking, but havn't found them yet.
Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
221 Posts
You might check with your local Honda dealer and see if they will order one in your size from their Distributor. With the condition that you won't buy it if you don't like it.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Redcloud said:
Howdy folks,
I see on the website for the First Gear jackets that they actually make a tall size for us six footers out there. Problem is finding a vendor that carries them. Do any of you know where the talls are available :?: I have been looking, but havn't found them yet.
Thanks, Eric
I have a Large Tall in the First Gear and LOVE IT. There was no way that the JR Phoenix would ever be comfortable for me.

Try http://www.imotorcyclestore.com. That's where I got mine. Last time I checked, they had the talls for $125. I also got free shipping on mine.

Last year's model is currently on closeout for $109. This year's model is $125 with free shipping. I don't know what the difference is betweeen this years and last years models.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I have the Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh with the water proof liner....serves me well and not as many $$ :D

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
GaryG said:
I have the Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh with the water proof liner....serves me well and not as many $$ :D
The JR Phoenix was a very uncomfortable jacket for me. It seemed to have no shape to it. It was so short, that it didn't even touch the waistband of my jeans.

The topic was regarding a jacket in a TALL size. Unless something has changed since I last looked, the JR Phoenix doesn't have sizes for the tall market.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hello fellow tall riders, I'm also a 'normal' man size of 6'5" :D and have been researching summer jackets. I got the list down to the JR Phoenix, Tour Master Cortech Air and the First Gear MeshTex. The only one that comes in tall sizes is First Gear. I'm glad to hear it'll be a great jacket.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Sent Joe Rocket an email about not having tall sizes in the Phoenix jacket and they sent this response back today:

Late this spring we will be offering the Phoenix 3.0 in the tall sizes
and that should work good for you. Thanks

Todd Tueller
Customer Service Manager
Joe Rocket
925 Turnbull Dr.
Idaho Falls, ID. 83401
1-800-635-6103
[email protected]

It'll be too late for me since I'll be purchasing the First Gear MeshTex, but maybe one of you other 'NORMAL' :D sized guys are looking at a Tall in the JR Phoenix jacket for this summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts