GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a pair of HT Overpants 2.0 this weekend. I was trying to decide between those and the HT Air Overpants while I was at the store. I was told by the salesperson that the HT Overpants 2.0 would be a 4 season pant and that they would be a better choice for me so I picked them up.
I am having second thoughts since I would think that once the warm weather hits I will probably not want to wear them. I am thinking that I should have picked up the Air Overpants since in the colder weather I could use the liner and thermals to stay warm and in the hot weather the mesh would be much more comfortable.
I should be able to bring these back to the store for an exchange, looking for your opinions.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I plan to buy the air overpants in the near future.I believe you are correct in your thinking about the ones you bought being to warm for the summer. A friend of mine has the same ones you bought and after about 60 degrees or so, he says they are to warm. And thats on a VTX, open to the elements

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Dan,
The HT Overpants are GREAT for the cold weather and are waterproof enough to get by in all but a drenching rain.. I use them as overpants mostly without the thermal liner throughout the cooler months.. Have ridden with them down to 10deg or so with the liner and they were much better than expected. (Wish I could say the same for my feet!!) You are correct, they wouldn't be good in the heat of summer..

I also have the "Air" pants and while they are very cool, the wide elastic waistband "rolls" and the one pocket is to small and too awkwardly placed to be useful.. I'm certain later models are better, but these are things to check.. (I'm sure you wouldn't have the waistband issue!)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have both versions of the HT pants and Kili Jackets. Although I have ridden in triple digit temps with the '4 season' non-mesh pants, I prefer both the Kili Air jacket and the HT Air pants. Can always bulk up with the clothing, but can only take so much off.

My advice: Take 'em back and trade for the HT Air pants.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have both the regular overpants and just recently bought the latest "Air" overpants. The "airs" are much more comfortable, easier to bend you legs, etc. I find the pockets on the "airs" easier to use.

I think the regular overpants will be warmer at colder temps because they block more wind, but for me the "airs" go down as cold as I want to go.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I bought the same ones you have a couple of months ago. I wanted a cooler weather overpant. I got one for the wife too.....she loves hers!
I use mine as an overpant with the liner in, but the padding out...much more free movement without them. The wife uses the liner and the pads......she's a scaredy cat :)

In the warm weather I ride in jeans for now....but will probably look into some "air pants" in the spring. I think you made a good choice for the cooler/cold weather. Some say without the liner they can use them in summer.......I don't think I could.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for every ones replies, I have decided to return the HT Overpants and get the HT Air Overpants instead.

I appreciate the help!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dan, Probably a good move to return the HT overpants and get the HT Air. I'm down the road a bit in New Jersey, and I can't use my HT Overpants until it gets down to 50 degrees or less, but they are great for riding in low temps. If I had the chance to purchase again, I'd get the HT Air too. You can probably get away with using them with the liner and thermals down to the lower temps or even get a pair of Gerbings heated pant liners and be toasty warm down to freezing if you wanted to.
Ray

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
i started with the HT air and switched to the regulat HT, below 60 was just to cold for me with the HT air

1 - 10 of 10 Posts