GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and my self decided to do a little site seeing after the M&G. We rode I-65 up to just his side of Kentucky, then took US 52 east to Jamestown where we spent the night. Saturday after breakfast at the local DQ, we rode up us 127. First stop was in Pall Mall to visit the burial site of Alvin C. York. Next stop right on US 127 was the home that him and his family lived in after he retuned from the war. Was taken by suprise that one of his daughter in laws is the care taker of the house. there is quite a bit of history there.
After the visit to the home we continued up 127 to Wolf Creek Dam. Let me tell that is one beautiful place. Really the whole ride was breathtaking from the scenery the roads. Finished up with luch in Jamestown Ky. Brought the Cumberland Parkway to US80 to I 75 to Corbin. Final stretch was 25/33 to home back in Knoxville.
With the M&G and this we rode appox 800 miles with that many miles with smiles.Lets end this with a question. How many counties did we travel in the states of TN and KY? LOL :thumbup:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice ride and I'm glad you enjoyed it but I don't have any idea how many counties you rode through!!! Now, where's the pictures?

:thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts