GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to 'mini' test the tire after getting it on the bike. The delay was because my battery decided to go south while the bike sitting on the jack....so after a new battery.......

-ride is smooth, which I expect with new tires at both ends (ME 880, 40 psi and Kumho R/F, 33 psi)
-did not seem to require 'extra effort' for turning in, if anything this tire seems to turn in easier.
-zero wiggle or rut following (I-5 in this area has ruts).
-seemed to sit taller.
-rpm at 70 (honda miles) is 2800 vs 3000 with the E-3 I took off (maybe attributed to tire wear)
-did not notice it 'wanting to stand up' in sweepers, held line with ease.

I will have a better trial next week, leaving for Portland area for a week. This end of I-5 has good high speed sweepers, then straight slab running and where I am going is country twisty road.

All in all, the bike runs really good with new tires and battery LOL

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Congrats Gary. yes, it is a good tire and am glad it is working well for you thus far. I am sure you'll be providing another positive report soon. Ride safe.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats:welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Your report is encouraging to me. I will be coming off a ME880 tire also. In deference to a MT the ME880 has served me well. After 11,000+ plus mile the tread is still roadworthy but the cupping ... I can feel the ride in my toes and see it in my mirror.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Your report is encouraging to me. I will be coming off a ME880 tire also. In deference to a MT the ME880 has served me well. After 11,000+ plus mile the tread is still roadworthy but the cupping ... I can feel the ride in my toes and see it in my mirror.
I have a Pirelli [email protected] RF on a spare rim that you're welcome to test out if you like. It still has about 1/32 to the tread bars and runs just fine.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
You Sir, were lucky . . . . the two ME880s I ran developed a wobble and both last 6k and 4k before I took them off.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Gary I too have just went to a CT and have had the same results but I did notice it wanting to stand up quicker than the MT did. I have been well pleased with the switch and will not change back, much smoother and quieter and the peace of mind with a run flat is priceless.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Finally got to 'mini' test the tire after getting it on the bike. The delay was because my battery decided to go south while the bike sitting on the jack....so after a new battery.......

-ride is smooth, which I expect with new tires at both ends (ME 880, 40 psi and Kumho R/F, 33 psi)
-did not seem to require 'extra effort' for turning in, if anything this tire seems to turn in easier.
-zero wiggle or rut following (I-5 in this area has ruts).
-seemed to sit taller.
-rpm at 70 (honda miles) is 2800 vs 3000 with the E-3 I took off (maybe attributed to tire wear)
-did not notice it 'wanting to stand up' in sweepers, held line with ease.

I will have a better trial next week, leaving for Portland area for a week. This end of I-5 has good high speed sweepers, then straight slab running and where I am going is country twisty road.

All in all, the bike runs really good with new tires and battery LOL

What size Kumho are you running? :shrug:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just put the same tire through the dragon/ deals gap several times today, scraped the pegs just like I did with the stock d250's on my wing. I prefer the kuhmo 2 up riding.

You'll like the performance of the tire in the twisties, no issue at all.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts