GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got back from a nine day 3,700 mile trip that took us from TX through OK, KS, CO, NE, SD, WY, MT and back down through WY, CO, NM and back home to TX. The Bridgestone Potenza G019 performed flawlessly! I was beginning to think that the darkside was not for me with only a couple of hundred miles on the tire before we left for the trip but either I adjusted to the tire or it finally scuffed in. The tire was great on the slab and in the twisties! I found that I could really tell no difference in the cornering with the car tire as apposed to the mc tire and I don't think I will ever go back to a mc tire after this!

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Wow, that was a nice little trip around the block;). Glad all worked out well and we have another happy DSer. The CTs really do make a difference.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip! :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats:Glad you had a safe trip, enjoy your new tire!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Sounds like a nice trip. :thumbup:

It took me a few hundred miles to sway me to the CT feel. If I had started with the Kuhmo it probably wouldn't have taken so long. The only thing that kept the CT on for the first 500 miles was the huge reduction in heat gain I saw with the CT over the MT. That alone for the safety aspect was enough for me to not make a decision until I had given the tire a few thousand miles.

I removed the MT off my spare rear rim as I don't see any reason why I would go back to a MT on the Wing.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Now that you have it 'scuffed in', you can go for a long ride!
:joke:

Congrats on the outing and thanks for the report.
:yes1:

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I agree with bgross and did just that. After keeping a mc tire mounted for awhile, I took it off the rim and mounted up a new RF Pirelli. Now I can run the tires down all the way and when I have a twisties run scheduled, I put on the new one and go. It don't get no better than this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts