GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had my chance for my first longer trial ride on my new wing. Started out with low 70s, cloudy and no wind. Half way to Duluth the weather changed to 46 degrees with a light drizzle. On the return trip winds were really gusty and strong with cold and drizzle. All and all a good variety of conditions over about 350 miles. With the heat controls, heat grips, and seat I was able to stay warm. I was very happy with the comfort of the ride and how I felt very fresh after the ride. I love the turbine smooth engine and the instant power to pass plus the torque to pull at all speeds.

I am looking forward to my wife and I taking a multi day tour. I know we are going to love this bike!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
The wing is a great bike, but the weak spot is the heated grips and seat, unless Honda did an upgrade, there has been several complaints about them not working after a short period of time.

·
Registered
512 Posts
My 2010 seat and grips heat up very fast. They get so hot you can't keep them on the high settings.:doorag:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aerostitch

Yes I stopped at Aerostich. I never miss a chance.

I only found one thing I didn't know I needed; out the door for less than $20.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The wing is a great bike, but the weak spot is the heated grips and seat, unless Honda did an upgrade, there has been several complaints about them not working after a short period of time.
Then there are the ones like mine. Going on five years old and 69k and they work great. I ride until the snow stops me. A lot of mornings in December the temps are close to twenty degrees. I've never had to turn the grips or seat past the middle setting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts