GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple weeks my wife and I will be heading up into New England from Southwestern Pennsylvania. We'll be traveling through Southern New York and through the Catskills then into Massachusetts. Spend a couple days there with friends then head north into Maine to a campground near Brunswick for two days.
After that, we plan to head down to Portland to pick up Rt. 302 North to get to Montpelier Vermont.

Leaving there we’ll head to Burlington where we’ll cross Lake Champlain on one of the ferries then head generally south through the Adirondacks. We’ll get back into PA probably by going through Corning NY then head west on Rt. 6 and back this way. I don’t have a firm route for the Adirondack part yet so any suggestions would be welcome in fact, suggestions for any part of the route would be great.

We’ve never been up that way so it will be all new scenery for us and we have nine days to do it. We've been working on and talking about this trip for a while now and I'm ready to get going.

·
Registered
994 Posts
You're gonna love it.Been through that area a few times and haven't found a bad road yet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I live next to brunswick

Steve

if you need any help while in the area give me a shout. Nice rides in area .... Rt 24 to end of Baily's island is one of my favorite rides.

peter

·
Registered
435 Posts
Lots of great roads! Kankamangus (I know I spelled it wrong, hope you get the right idea) white mountains. Mt Washington. Home of world's worse weather! In VT don't forget Ben & Jerry's!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information and I'll post a trip report when we get back. ppmmaine, thanks for the offer and I'll surely be in touch if we need assistance. The campground where we will be is in Phippsburg so I'm sure you know of it. One of the members on motocampers has some affiliation with it and it came highly recommended.

GaryC, thanks for the link and I'll spend some quality time with it this evening.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
When you get to Brunswick, do not short change a good view, head East on SR 24 to Harpswell. Ride to the end where it stops at the ocean. The route with all the houses and a bay with the typical mainard look always blows me away. Has been many years, but i am betting it is still the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts