GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Walmart have a filter for the 1800? Is there a car filter that fits it, or is there a specific filter for the 1800 that's available at Walmart ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The one in ABQ had them in stock I dont rember what the stock # is but I looked it up in the Fram book that was next to the oil filters

·
Registered
47 Posts
SUPERTECH 6607 & 7317. THE 7317 IS A BIT LONGER BUT WORKS FINE
:D

·
Registered
20,947 Posts
for an oil filter i been using mostly the walmart supertech 6607 , $2.10 each, have also used a few Honda filters from HDL

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
The Walmart oil filter for the GL 1800 is a FRAM # PH6017A, about $7.00

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Here is a little more than you asked:
Filters for the GL1800, other than OEM
AC Delco PF2135
Carquest 85358
FRAM PH6017A
Mobil 110
NAPA Gold 1358
Purolator Motorcycle ML16817
STP SMO-17
Walmart ST6607
WIX 51358

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
WinginHunk said:
Here is a little more than you asked:
Filters for the GL1800, other than OEM
AC Delco PF2135
Carquest 85358
FRAM PH6017A
Mobil 110
NAPA Gold 1358
Purolator Motorcycle ML16817
STP SMO-17
Walmart ST6607
WIX 51358
Hey Hunk...Good stuff. Thanks.
Sent that list right to the printer.
But, hey, you forgot to put the color of each one. :wink: :roll:
Gotta match those colors. Can't have the (GWCCC) Gold Wing Color Coordination Cops on us you know. :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Dream Catcher said:
[But, hey, you forgot to put the color of each one. :wink: :roll:
Gotta match those colors. Can't have the (GWCCC) Gold Wing Color Coordination Cops on us you know. :lol: :lol:
DC
You can always paint the filter to match your bike. Back in the mid 70's I was riding a Moto Guzzi which had the oil filter inside the oil pan (what a pain to change a filter). I modified it to route the oil to an external oil filter mounted on the outside below the passenger seat. It was easy to change, but the new filter only came in orange. To make it match the custom color of the Guzzi I painted each new filter prior to using it. Of course because of the time it took to paint the filter, it took as long to change it as the original OEM, but it seem like a good ideal at the time.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
WinginHunk said:
Dream Catcher said:
[But, hey, you forgot to put the color of each one. :wink: :roll:
DC
You can always paint the filter to match your bike. Back in the mid 70's I was riding a Moto Guzzi which had the oil filter inside the oil pan (what a pain to change a filter). I modified it to route the oil to an external oil filter mounted on the outside below the passenger seat. It was easy to change, but the new filter only came in orange. To make it match the custom color of the Guzzi I painted each new filter prior to using it. Of course because of the time it took to paint the filter, it took as long to change it as the original OEM, but it seem like a good ideal at the time.
Now THAT'S dedication for you!
Soooo...What color do you paint the CRUSH WASHERS now days? :lol: :lol:
I should mention, I was pretty sure you were a color conscious guy
when I saw you got a Goldwing color to match your beard!
:a13:
DC

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I always buy my filters from Hal since he sponsors this board! Around 7 bucks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts