GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a sad, yet exilerating day. The funeral for Lt Lyons was today, he was KIA in Iraq.

About 100+ PGR's/bikers, showed to show our support for the family and community. There were American Flags everywere, Fire, police ( State, county and Local ) military were all present.

we stood proud, with Flags held high fo more than 90 minutes while the service was going on :flg: not a word was spoken as we stood there. it was an honor to ride for LT Lyons.

The best part was all the People ( family members, Fire, police, military ) that stuck around and shook our hands after the Hurst pulled away.

Thankyou Lt Lyons, for your devotion to our country and community

Thanks to all our military

God bless you and your family :flg: :flg: :flg: :flg: :flg: :flg:

If any of you get this opportunity, go for it. It will make you proud

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
It's a great organization to belong to.I've been to 6-8 of them.I can't make them all but I'm always proud to stand and honor the ones who are giving their "all" for our freedom.

Be Blessed
Bloodbought1

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
As I told a guy on his first PGR ride, which was for Michael Deason, Farmington, MO, "You'll have a lot of great rides throughout your life, but you will never forget the one you're about to do for this brave man."

I've done 15-16 so far and have forgotten some of the names, but I've never forgotten the rides. I've cried during each 'mission' but one.

Glad you did it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Attending one of these mission is a life changing event. Join today.

I continue to be amazed of how the family and friends appreciate the PGR. The flip side is the PGR is there for the family. If there was not one thank you, the mission would go on. You see, we are there at the families invitation. Their thank you is allowing their son or daughter to serve our great country. Let us never forget them.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Thanks for the link, Bartman. Another reminder about why I do it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
J-mac said:
The best part was all the People ( family members, Fire, police, military ) that stuck around and shook our hands after the Hurst pulled away.
What's a Hurst??

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mr.b said:
[quote="J-mac":2pil8hw7]
What's a Hurst??[/quote:2pil8hw7]

uuum I think it's an Oldmobile.............okay, I can't spell :lol: let me try Hearst.......

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
J-mac said:
[quote="mr.b":2woz7oom][quote="J-mac":2woz7oom]
What's a Hurst??[/quote:2woz7oom]

uuum I think it's an Oldmobile.............okay, I can't spell :lol: let me try Hearst.......[/quote:2woz7oom]

Before you strike out - it's hearse. :roll:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mr.b said:
[quote="J-mac":mwk2ra9d][quote="mr.b":mwk2ra9d][quote="J-mac":mwk2ra9d]
What's a Hurst??[/quote:mwk2ra9d]

uuum I think it's an Oldmobile.............okay, I can't spell :lol: let me try Hearst.......[/quote:mwk2ra9d]

Before you strike out - it's hearse. :roll:[/quote:mwk2ra9d]

I feel sooo much better now, thanx. I'm going to fire my spell checker, she still sleeping :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Riding with the PGR is the best way I have found to be able to show my respect for those who serve.

While there are times I wish I was young enough to serve myself, I know that won't happen. But I can certainly show my appreciation for those who do serve and have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I hope the PGR lives on for many, many years as it feels like a much more profound way to show my respect than anything I have done on Memorial Day -- even before it just became another 3 day weekend.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JP3 said:
Riding with the PGR is the best way I have found to be able to show my respect for those who serve.

While there are times I wish I was young enough to serve myself, I know that won't happen. But I can certainly show my appreciation for those who do serve and have paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I hope the PGR lives on for many, many years as it feels like a much more profound way to show my respect than anything I have done on Memorial Day -- even before it just became another 3 day weekend.

WELL SAID ( gee I hope I spelled that right )

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
J-mac

I too had an opportunity last weekend to join almost a 1,000 bikes here in Maryland for the funeral of a young Navy lad who died while trying to defuse a bomb in Iraq. Word got out that the funeral might be protested by the wacko group and I was proud to be one of the first in line to stand (sit) guard behind the family to shield them. I can honestly say that I was never so ready to see if I could still bench press 350lbs. One for each arm.

I will never forget the pride that I felt being a part of such a caring community of bikers.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wheels said:
J-mac

I too had an opportunity last weekend to join almost a 1,000 bikes here in Maryland for the funeral of a young Navy lad who died while trying to defuse a bomb in Iraq. Word got out that the funeral might be protested by the wacko group and I was proud to be one of the first in line to stand (sit) guard behind the family to shield them. I can honestly say that I was never so ready to see if I could still bench press 350lbs. One for each arm.

I will never forget the pride that I felt being a part of such a caring community of bikers.
Thats it in a nut shell, :flg: That is a great feeling :clap2: :yes1:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
J-mac said:
[quote="mr.b":1icqowtx][quote="J-mac":1icqowtx][quote="mr.b":1icqowtx][quote="J-mac":1icqowtx]
What's a Hurst??[/quote:1icqowtx]

uuum I think it's an Oldmobile.............okay, I can't spell :lol: let me try Hearst.......[/quote:1icqowtx]

Before you strike out - it's hearse. :roll:[/quote:1icqowtx]

I feel sooo much better now, thanx. I'm going to fire my spell checker, she still sleeping :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote:1icqowtx]...WHO CARES ????????????????? Even I can tell what he means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
J-mac, great report! I'm looking forward to my first event with PGR. I only discovered the organization last week from another biker report.

It's refreshing to read reports like this supporting Americans like Lt. Lyons.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts