GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Welcome! This is the Greatest Place to get, Answers, Opinions, Riddled, Ridacuiled { Someone help with that one}, Admired, Cherished, Questioned and dang well Enveyed! Do i need Help with that one too? Where's my spell check Button? LOL! Good Luck! Enjoy the Greatest Bike Available for "Touring, Cruiseing and Sporting". You're going to get advice to buy Freds Videos, GET THEM! Saves alot of $$$ and easy!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Alabama,

Welcome to the board. Don't sweat the maintenance issues. There's numerious resourses (this board for one) that will make it a snap.

What part of Alabama do you live in? There's several of us in and around Birmingham.

Ride safe.

Terry

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alabama IronButt said:
Alabama,

Welcome to the board. Don't sweat the maintenance issues. There's numerious resourses (this board for one) that will make it a snap.

What part of Alabama do you live in? There's several of us in and around Birmingham.

Ride safe.

Terry
Huntsville - Thanks guys for the welcome.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Welcome, You are in amongst a great bunch of people here.

As far as the air filter change goes it is not really all that bad. You just need a set of Freds videos or a good service manual. The first time it will take maybe a couple hours and by the next time you do it, it will probably take the same amount. :wink: :wink:

My Wing is an 02 model. I cannot say just how it is done on the 06-07 models. I have read somewhere that they come apart differently. Just how much I cannot say.

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
Welcome. The airfilter is a job- usually done at 16,000 miles. But beware there are those here who have gone 50K,100K or never change it and there are those who change it every full moon. Ask, read,relax and go by your owners maual. And before you add chrome think about wil this really make my bike look better. And lastly' you better get a pocket of crush washers or else.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
WELCOME!!!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the board. Plenty of help to be had here. Use the search function or just ask. And as Ross said, Fred's DVD's are great 'entertainment' for the do-it-yourselfer.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Looks like the South is trying to rise again...LOL

Welcome aboard.

The AF is not that bad as long as you have some mechanical ability, patience and common sense.

Bulldog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts